+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 304 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3031

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - hiding from it all? Understandable!

Hope it's all going well, mate. Moving house is always a nightmare, especially when you're older and have accumulated so much stuff!

As an aside, how did you find the Bitterol I mentioned, compared with Aperol?

Marco.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    For fans of quality wheat beer, Lidl are selling this stuff, as part of their Alpenfest promotion, for 99p a can, and which is just gorgeous:

Creamy, zesty, hoppy and smooth - as good as the likes of Hoegaarden, IMO, for a fraction of the price!

You'll find it near their 'middle isle' in a separate section, along with some other Alpenfest stuff, not where the rest of the beers are. I'm going tomorrow to get a load more!

Marco.
    Top beer as is their standard (Patronus?) wheat beer at £1.25 for 500ml. Find it in the fancy beers sections

Yup, anything genuinely German, sold either by Lidl or Aldi, is always top-notch and great value!

Decided to top up the whisky cabinet, so took a punt on a bottle of this: https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/...productReviews

Should be a bit different from the norm!

Marco.

Just enjoying a bottle of this now, from Aldi:

Very nice lager indeed!

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

I'm Justin.

Bad photos but astonishing stuff.

Majestic. £16 a bottle but £10 pick and mix for 6.

Worth every penny of £10. Independent of price, this is the best white wine I have ever drunk in my entire life.

Seriously fucking good. No other way of putting it.
    Last edited by User211; 08-10-2019 at 22:12.

I'm Grant.

Don't drink now but I did like californian wine
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/ROON - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

Interesting wine (and label), Justers... If you're into that style of wine [heavily-oaked Chardonnay with a big vanilla hit], then California or Australia do it very well, as do Chile. I prefer subtler, less oaky but equally flavourful whites, such as Viognier, or the Chardonnay grape how the French treat it, commonly known as Chablis

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

Do me a favour, and as a comparison, next time you're in Majestic, give this a go and let me know what you think: https://www.majestic.co.uk/wines/nettie-viognier-18058

It won't be quite as 'big' a mouthful, or as heavily oaked, as the Chardonnay, but it'll have a beautifully aromatic bouquet and rich fruity flavour all of its own

Marco.

I'm Justin.

If I remember but Viognier has never struck me in the past.

The Bread & Butter does NOT taste like wine initially. After the first few sips, though, you realise it is indeed wine.

For me, it is incredible. And I recommend it to anyone as a MUST try. Including you, dude.

Give it a go, Justers, and see what you think. Trust me, it'll be good

I'd defo enjoy the B&B, and can well appreciate its quality, as I've had similar in the past.

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread