+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189 LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1883

Thread: Wine, Whisky and Real Ale Recommendations

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

This one is very sweet but I love it... it's like drinking fresh sweet fruits.....Gallo - Summer Red

My second bottle from Asda..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°.390s CD Through: MG HDX1 To: Mark Levinson N°.383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2014 Château Brown, Graves Pessac-Leognan

Intrigued by the name of the château, I recently picked up a bottle in Paris:

http://www.chateau-brown.com/en/chateau-brown-rouge/

Not a château recently bought by some jumped-up plutocrat, who fancies trying his hand at wine making, the estate was bought by a Scottish wine merchant, John Lewis Brown back in 1795. Today it is managed by Jean-Christoph Mau, who bought the estate in 2004.

Set on the oldest terroir in the Bordeaux wine region, Graves, the château is at the heart of the Pessac-Leognan appellation.

55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 42% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot. 13% ABV, €45 a bottle.

I'll be laying this one down for a few years to achieve its best.

Pacé Marco - another Bordeaux!
    Barry

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Anyone tried Absinthe?

I love it.... just sipping some Trenet Absinthe with ice cold water over a sugar cube...

Bev

Mark Levinson N°.390s CD Through: MG HDX1 To: Mark Levinson N°.383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Anyone tried Absinthe?

I love it.... just sipping some Trenet Absinthe with ice cold water over a sugar cube...

Gotta be careful with that stuff - next news you'll be returning to the offy for a second bottle, and the bloke behind the counter will comment on your lack of a skirt, and your wearing your knickers as a hat. No problem though, you won't remember any of it
    Excuse me, are you the Judean People's Front?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

For fans of quality wheat beer, Lidl are selling this stuff, as part of their Alpenfest promotion, for 99p a can, and which is just gorgeous:

Creamy, zesty, hoppy and smooth - as good as the likes of Hoegaarden, IMO, for a fraction of the price!

You'll find it near their 'middle isle' in a separate section, along with some other Alpenfest stuff, not where the rest of the beers are. I'm going tomorrow to get a load more!

Marco.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I like wheat beer, but many are put off by the cloudy appearance. Their loss!
    Barry

Indeed, Barry. Trust me, this stuff is top notch: proper German wheat beer, which you'd pay a LOT more for if it had a 'fancy label'... For lover's of wheat beer [Alex, where are you?] this one from Lidl is a major bargain!!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, Barry. Trust me, this stuff is top notch: proper German wheat beer, which you'd pay a LOT more for if it had a 'fancy label'... For lover's of wheat beer [Alex, where are you?] this one from Lidl is a major bargain!!

Marco.
    Quite liked Wheat beer, but not as a daily "get pissed" drink lol.. Wheated bourbon done well is stunning too. Weller special reserve is one of the daddys imo
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol - never had a "daily get pissed drink". That's more of a Scottish, than Italian phenomenon!

Alcohol - any alcohol - should always be enjoyed in moderation.

Marco [leader of the daftee society's 'drink responsibly' campaign].

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Marco.
    Where am I? In a packing box! Will defo check this out!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread