+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 510 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

This one is very sweet but I love it... it's like drinking fresh sweet fruits.....Gallo - Summer Red

My second bottle from Asda..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2014 Château Brown, Graves Pessac-Leognan

Intrigued by the name of the château, I recently picked up a bottle in Paris:

http://www.chateau-brown.com/en/chateau-brown-rouge/

Not a château recently bought by some jumped-up plutocrat, who fancies trying his hand at wine making, the estate was bought by a Scottish wine merchant, John Lewis Brown back in 1795. Today it is managed by Jean-Christoph Mau, who bought the estate in 2004.

Set on the oldest terroir in the Bordeaux wine region, Graves, the château is at the heart of the Pessac-Leognan appellation.

55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 42% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot. 13% ABV, €45 a bottle.

I'll be laying this one down for a few years to achieve its best.

Pacé Marco - another Bordeaux!
    Barry

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Anyone tried Absinthe?

I love it.... just sipping some Trenet Absinthe with ice cold water over a sugar cube...

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Anyone tried Absinthe?

I love it.... just sipping some Trenet Absinthe with ice cold water over a sugar cube...

Gotta be careful with that stuff - next news you'll be returning to the offy for a second bottle, and the bloke behind the counter will comment on your lack of a skirt, and your wearing your knickers as a hat. No problem though, you won't remember any of it
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

For fans of quality wheat beer, Lidl are selling this stuff, as part of their Alpenfest promotion, for 99p a can, and which is just gorgeous:

Creamy, zesty, hoppy and smooth - as good as the likes of Hoegaarden, IMO, for a fraction of the price!

You'll find it near their 'middle isle' in a separate section, along with some other Alpenfest stuff, not where the rest of the beers are. I'm going tomorrow to get a load more!

Marco.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I like wheat beer, but many are put off by the cloudy appearance. Their loss!
    Barry

Indeed, Barry. Trust me, this stuff is top notch: proper German wheat beer, which you'd pay a LOT more for if it had a 'fancy label'... For lover's of wheat beer [Alex, where are you?] this one from Lidl is a major bargain!!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, Barry. Trust me, this stuff is top notch: proper German wheat beer, which you'd pay a LOT more for if it had a 'fancy label'... For lover's of wheat beer [Alex, where are you?] this one from Lidl is a major bargain!!

Marco.
    Quite liked Wheat beer, but not as a daily "get pissed" drink lol.. Wheated bourbon done well is stunning too. Weller special reserve is one of the daddys imo
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol - never had a "daily get pissed drink". That's more of a Scottish, than Italian phenomenon!

Alcohol - any alcohol - should always be enjoyed in moderation.

Marco [leader of the daftee society's 'drink responsibly' campaign].

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Marco.
    Where am I? In a packing box! Will defo check this out!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread