I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    My winter warmer for Christmas.

Very nice

I'm Kevin.

My wife surprised me with this yesterday:

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    My wife surprised me with this yesterday:

Nice. They did a few of those with different age statements and some with none. Needs water but caol is a one you kinda like or loathe ..a lot of islay ones are. Bet its nice
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

I dunno in some ways this thread is nuts.

This is the year 2016 and we are still consuming on a mass scale a ridiculously toxic substance that causes massive problems for individuals and society as a whole.

And what's more we don't have the sense to do anything about it.

We really should and could do better.

Not saying I don't like a drink but the penalty for doing so is not acceptable.

Humans should make it a priority to develop something drinkable that doesn't poison quite so intensely, but still has a pleasurable relaxing effect.

I'm Grant.

Alcohol is fine if you use some sense. alas the more you take the less common sense many have I think losinng the rights to enjoy a quiet drink would destroy life as we know it and i would prefer nuclear destruction
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

The point is Grant that having a drink with almost exactly the same characteristics but with less toxicity would be a much better option.

You'd drink it in preference if done well. Who is researching it?

Politics and the brewing industry prevent it from happening and that is tragic.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

cant be done. Folk tried with beer and it failed miserably. It can have good effects too of course for some http://www.medicaldaily.com/7-health...alcohol-247552 when taken in moderation, as well as detrimental ones. Much too depends on your characteristics. it doesnt suit everyone and if it is changing your personality etc then its best to stay well away. But, I get your point re big business not wanting to find or release it if they did, much like a engine that runs on water, which they can do but dont because.... well, you know why.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Justin.

I don't agree with everything Nutt says but he does make sense WRT toxicity.

I'd agree a valium type effect is probably closest to alcohol from the established set of old school rubbish drugs i.e. toxic ones.

Let's hope this is good and gets somewhere. I wasn't aware of it. I read the Telegraph report on it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...hangovers.html
    Last edited by User211; 26-12-2016 at 21:39.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Some wines we have enjoyed over the last year. In no particular order they are -

2009 Château Roc de Minvielle, Bordeaux

Gold medal winner, Concours Général Agricole 2010

70% Merlot 30% Cabernet Sauvignon 14% ABV

2005 Château Ramage La Batisse, Haute Médoc

Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot grape 13% ABV £23 a bottle

2010 Château Taffard de Blaignan, Médoc

Médaille d’or Récolte 2010 Concours International des Vins à Lyons

Gold winner, Sélectionné Par Le Guide Gilbert et Gaillard.

Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc grape 13.5% ABV

2009 Château Dubois Gramont, Bordeaux

Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc grape 13.5%ABV £11 a bottle

2012 Château Moulin de Sales, Lalande de Pomerol

80% Merlot, 18% Cabernet Sauvignon 2% Cabernet Franc 13.5% ABV £20 a bottle

2012 Château Haut Prieur, Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux

Gold medal winner: Challenge International du Vin 2014

90% Merlot with 10% Malbec grape 14% ABV £14 a bottle

2014 Château Gromel Bel Air, Bordeaux Supérieur

Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grape 13.5% ABV £11 a bottle

2009 Château d’Orval, Bordeaux

Médaille d’Or Récolte 2011, Concours de Bordeaux Vins d’Aquitaine 2011

13.5% ABV

2013 Château du Bourg Laithwaite, Bordeaux

90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon 13% ABV £15 a bottle

2012 Château de Carolle, Graves

Gold medal winner, Concours des vins Lyon, 2013

Carbernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc grape 12.5% ABV £16 a bottle

2011 Château Les Trois Manoirs, Médoc

Gold medal winner: Les Vinalies Internationales Paris, 2013 and Concours General de Paris, 2013

Silver medal winner: Bettane et Desseauve, 2013

50% Merlot and 50% Cabernet Sauvignon 13.5% ABV £18 a bottle

2014 Château du Prieur, Bordeaux

Gold Award: Guide des Vins Gilbert et Gaillard, 2015

Merlot with Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc grape 13% ABV £10 a bottle
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread