Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

Lol.

I thought jules was on about the one he bought.. Berry bros
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

So have you been trying the legacy
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Default Wine, Whisky and Beer Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    So have you been trying the legacy
    Had a tipple for the last two nights to see what it was like...bought a second bottle to store today as it is certainly a bargain at £39.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Had a tipple for the last two nights to see what it was like...bought a second bottle to store today as it is certainly a bargain at £39.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good. Another great buy is the Tamdhu 15. On Amazon currently.

Tamdhu 15 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky 70cl https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PCT1Y..._V9v9DbAGSPMDX

Probably go up soon so if anyone wants a cheap bottle move fast.
    Ps their 10year old is also good and half the price.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Yet another good whiskey reduced to a silly cheap price.

The Sexton Irish malt.. Nice this stuff. Especially at £23

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dan.

Fighting a potential, pissing cold So trying to sweat whatever it is out...

One down, one to go:

In reference to that Bells. It's been a belting bottle, it's not your standard Bells and cannot be bought any more. It was given to me on my 40th from a family friend of my mother in law, it was their fathers. So god knows how old it actually is... I'm sad it's now empty.

For an interesting peaty whisky, the Smokehead ticks a lot of boxes
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifilover View Post
    Fighting a potential, pissing cold So trying to sweat whatever it is out...

One down, one to go:

In reference to that Bells. It's been a belting bottle, it's not your standard Bells and cannot be bought any more. It was given to me on my 40th from a family friend of my mother in law, it was their fathers. So god knows how old it actually is... I'm sad it's now empty.

For an interesting peaty whisky, the Smokehead ticks a lot of boxes
    My old friend andy(long dead) would only drink Bells. Was t my cuppa in the day. Not tried it since tho. My dad's staple was grouse and highland park.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Oban Amarone casked single malt. Anyone tried it?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dan.

Never really been a Bells drinker Grant (unless Granddad had it in the kitchen when I was younger, which is where I think I got the taste haha)

But this bottles been a revelation, so far from your standard Bells...
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifilover View Post
    Never really been a Bells drinker Grant (unless Granddad had it in the kitchen when I was younger, which is where I think I got the taste haha)

But this bottles been a revelation, so far from your standard Bells...
    It may have been better then. Whisky especially grain does change. More variables etc. Less care too.
    Not keen on grain for most part.

I do like wheated bourbon tho. Weller was my fav.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread