+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 510 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Well, you should have no problem sleeping now!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Gents, (and ladies of course )

Need your help please.

Could you kindly recommend me a top notch Whisky for a Christmas gift to my son in Oz, something that maybe punches above its price range would be great.

Looking to spend up to £50 and would like to purchase/send via Amazon.

Any good offers out there at the mo ?

Thanks !
    This Laga is very good; a great length and aftertaste: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lagavulin-Y...5805982&sr=8-4

The Ardbeg An Oa is very good indeed; complex but sweet/fruity and syrupy too: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ardbeg-Oa-S...806016&sr=8-12

This Askaig is great; a drop of water and it really comes to life : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Askaig...ERJEKG9ZD6Q5SE

This Navigator is amazing; salty and sweet with great fresh flavours. It's an experience if never drunk before; the saltiness is amazing and really suits it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Old-Pultene...s%2C152&sr=8-1

For £50 and under; these would be my choices. Having had them all, the toss up for me would be the Laga and Old Pulteney for being different. The Ardbeg is stunning though
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice. Like you say, any Glengoyne malt is a banker. Always very reliable and high-quality

I'm thinking about this, to top up my selection for Christmas - should tick the right boxes for me: low-smoke/peat, rich, dark and sherry-like: https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/...as-15-year-old

Decent price, too.

Marco.
    See I used to like Glenfarclas but now they're over sweet to me. Not sure if it's a pallette change on my behalf or if they're using different sherry butts. My brother and I had the 15 year old earlier this year and it just seemed to be trying too hard, if this makes any sense?
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes it does, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes it does, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet...

Marco.
    For c£50; this would be my choice for a sherry cask:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aberlour-Do...5A1OLE&sr=8-41
    Bigger than you...

I'm Dan.

And for £40; IMO; this is VERY hard to beat: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dronach-Hig...808257&sr=8-10
    Bigger than you...

I'm Grant.

Joins the collection.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Just a heads-up: Lidl has its Reserva Carmenere back in stock for the absurd pride of £5.99.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/the-wint...privada/p27062

A few bottles may have sneaked into my trolley yesterday...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Julian.

I don't think there is any better value than the Glengoyne Legacy at the moment - still just 39.99 on Amazon but only lovers of full on sherry bombs need apply ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Julian.

Another great deal for lovers of sherry casks is the Berry Bros at 25.99 right now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CNQMH...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

+ Reply to Thread