+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 512 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Craig.

Default Napier, Hawkes Bay.

Wifey and I recently spent four days in Napier with the intention of visiting a few wineries...which we did
    Stand outs were
    Alpha Domus, First Solo Chardonnay 2011.
    Seleni, Sauvignon Blanc 2013
    Mission Estate, VS Sauvignon Blanc 2012
    Crab Farm, Gewurtztraminer 2012

We tried and bought plenty of others however these four whites are gorgeous all in their own way.
    The real stunner though was a red...
    Brookfields, Back Block Syrah 2013
    This is pure velvet, I can only imagine what it will be like with a few years under its belt.
    Well Tempered Amadeus. Dynavector P75mk2, Dynavector Dv20x/SAE1000lt/Grado Gold/Goldring Epic2,Pioneer TX9800,Rotel RC1550/RB1070, Rega Apollo, B&W704's,Chord,Audioquest,Tara Labs, MIT,QED, Kimber,Aviemore.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Meep View Post
    Wifey and I recently spent four days in Napier with the intention of visiting a few wineries...which we did
    Stand outs were
    Alpha Domus, First Solo Chardonnay 2011.
    Seleni, Sauvignon Blanc 2013
    Mission Estate, VS Sauvignon Blanc 2012
    Crab Farm, Gewurtztraminer 2012

We tried and bought plenty of others however these four whites are gorgeous all in their own way.
    The real stunner though was a red...
    Brookfields, Back Block Syrah 2013
    This is pure velvet, I can only imagine what it will be like with a few years under its belt.
    Glad you liked the Red, being a bit of a 'Red Man' myself. Hawkes Bay as an area though does seem to do whites - particularly Sauvignon Blanc - rather well. I don't really know why - guess it is the soil.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post

Nice colour that. The yanks are really beginning to get into their ale. Apparently micro-breweries are springing up everywhere and they are producing some top notch grog
    Every town seemed to have their own brewery. In Santa Barbara we went into the Santa Barbara Brewing Company bar and you could order a sampler tray to decide which one you liked best..

and in one San Francisco bar, this was the choice of ales to go at..

Made a nice change from shitty old John Smiths

I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm Nobody.

Yum yum. i'll take the end one with the big Head

I did a 7 hour stretch in 'Weatherspoons' {Benjam Hudsons} Sheffield yesterday afternoon supping some nice Stout with oatmeal 4.5% Abv {Forgot what they called it}.. heaven knows how i got home

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 02-11-2013 at 14:18.

I'm Dave.

Andre i used to live in a graveyard in Brightside Sheffield ( long story). Glad i never have to visit Meadowhell ever again. I used to drink in a pub opposite the Kashmire ( great cheap indian cafe/restaurant).
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Dave.

You ever done the Beer Train from Manchester over to West Yorkshire or vv, stopping at various points on the way? Me and my mate keep meaning to do it one day when there's no work the following day!

I've been in the pub on Stalybridge station which was great, and the one on Huddersfield station looks the dogs do-da's too.

I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Andre i used to live in a graveyard in Brightside Sheffield ( long story). Glad i never have to visit Meadowhell ever again. I used to drink in a pub opposite the Kashmire ( great cheap indian cafe/restaurant).
    Hi {Jolly}Dave:
    There is one called the 'Kashmiri Aroma' at Woodseats, Sheff. The grave yard story looks interesting

Hi {Clothy} Dave:

I have been in the Huddersfield one..

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Clothears View Post
    Every town seemed to have their own brewery. In Santa Barbara we went into the Santa Barbara Brewing Company bar and you could order a sampler tray to decide which one you liked best..

Brilliant idea! The best pubs here, serving a variety of real ales, should adopt the policy immediately!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

They do Weatherspoons do just that

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - not in the ones I've been to, dude. I'll take your word for it, though!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread