+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 512 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm martin.

If you're near Dunfermline I can recommend a visit to "The Commercial" in Queen Anne St, they do a nice range of hand pull ales, changes made weekly. Ossian by The Inveralmond Brewery is my tipple tonight, comfy in the house away from the cold night air, a nice malt may wash it down later.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Nobody.

I had a party on this yesterday & doan i know about it this morning

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Domai.../dp/B005CX9LW8

The wife was on this below, she'll be in a coma all today hence some peace & quiet

http://www.marksandspencer.com/La-Vi..._rd_s=center-3

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

That's a nice wine, dude, at a bargain price! You like your Shiraz, don't you?

I know why, as they're 'big', jammy, powerful and packed full of flavour... I like them sometimes too, as they're a nice change from the more traditional French and Italian wines I normally drink. You should try some of the Chilean and Argentinean stuff, too.

Watch all those calories, though, with your diet!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Yes Shiraz is my fav, don't worry about calories i'm very good with food intake at weekends

Trouble is, dude, and please don't take this the wrong way, but that's not a recipe for a healthy diet, as all the good that you're doing your body by eating healthily is being ruined by alcohol 'abuse'....

It's all a bit 'arse about tit'. Think of the effect that the alcohol is having on your liver. You only have to research this on the 'net.

S'up to you what you do, though. IMO, you'd be far better off enjoying a few nice meals and cutting down on your alcohol intake (especially with the amount of calories in wine), than binging on red wine and then living off of rabbit food!

But then, being Italian, I have a rather different attitude towards alcohol (and food) than most people in the UK, as I just don't get the attraction of getting totally drunk. I gave all that up when I was 17.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Yeh your right it's not good but i refuse to give my drinkipoos up at the weekend. Anyhoots it's only till im done on my diet which should be around five weeks. Ive actually finished my diet now but i want to get a bit more off because of the up & coming Holiday abroad where i want to enjoy myself without watching the calories.

No worries, dude. I guess that you get as much pleasure from your "drinkipoos" as I do from Del cooking me a nice meal, and enjoying ONE good bottle of red wine between us, with the meal.

I think it's a fundamental difference in cultures. Italians live to eat, not eat to live (as in general Brits do), and Brits live to get pished......!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Nobody.

To be honest i don't like food i think it's a pain in the arse having to eat a few times a day never mind a waste of a large chunk of my money & time but you have to eat to live i suppose

However people have different attitudes to drinking, some go out to socialize some to pull birds some to get pished, im in the latter, i don't see the logic in drinking without getting drunk one thing i don't understand is how someone can become an alkerolic, ive been on a few week long benders in my time but never been dependant on it!

As you know i have zero value for life & if i can get out of this shitty world by getting dwunk i will do so

Lol... I understand where you're coming from, dude, but can't empathise with it in any way.

You know that we agree on many things, but when it comes to our attitudes towards food and drink, we *are* literally living in different worlds!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Oh André, André, André ....

You have it 'all about face'! The point is to enjoy life! You and I are not so different - we have both been 'shafted' in our times; at least you have a partner you care about and who cares about you.

If it wasn't for my friends, music, food, drink and travel, I think I might have 'topped' myself years ago.

Booze is not the panacea, but knowing you like Shiraz, I can recommend the following:

2010 Fairview 'The Black Road', Shiraz Pinotage

An Aussie 'slurp', the Shiraz grape gives it a big 'bold' flavour (in 'wine speak', Shiraz is spoken of as being "generous"), as well as providing 'spice and pepper' flavours.

14% ABV, about £10 a bottle.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread