+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 512 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Nobody.

I had a good sesh on Bend Eclipse Cascadian Dark Ale last night, yummy dark ale AV:4.8%

Last edited by Rare Bird; 23-11-2011 at 00:16.

I'm Santa.

A bit like Guinness Dark Side Bath Ales 4.0%

I'm Christian.

Hardly exotic but favourite claret of mine is Wolf Blass - Yellow Label, Cabernet Sauvignon.

Seems to go up by a quid every year and is normally in the 10 quid mark these days. I happen to have an ASDA near my office, of course under no circumstances buy another of your food there but they do have deals on wine and this sometime goes for a fiver, in which case I’ll buy a case.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default New World wines

Taken from another thread:

The real connoisseurs of audio equipment abilities can be compared to connoisseurs of vintage wine and oil paintings. The modern folks are into mp3, digital photography, and Australian or Californian wine.
    Whilst being a claret lover, I would be the first to admit that some very fine wine is being produced in Australia and in South America (especially Chile and Argentina)

An Aussie wine I enjoy is the intriguingly named: “The Waxed Bat”, a blend of Shiraz, Petit Verdot and Malbec grape.

A Chilean Merlot I also enjoy is: “The Patriots

At around £7 a bottle, neither of these are expensive.
    Barry

I'm Christian.

I think that quote is a little dated now, or at least I can't agree with it. Bit snobby or misguided, I really like some Hunter Valley stuff. Maybe I just don't have expensive taste in wine! I'm quite happy with something like Campo Viejo Rioja or even just a Casillero Del Diablo even if it is everywhere.

I'm John.

If you live near a Waitrose I highly highly recommend that you purchase a few bottles Cuvee Chasseur. It will only cost you £4.35 a bottle.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by flaxman View Post
    If you live near a Waitrose I highly highly recommend that you purchase a few bottles Cuvee Chasseur
    Sounds very 70s retro! Do you get the chicken with it?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sounds very 70s retro! Do you get the chicken with it?

Marco.
    In a basket?
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Aye, as long as the tomato and mushroom sauce (Chicken Chasseur) duznae leak out and drip on yer flares!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Can i ask if that cheap arse cider you supped in France had any fancy name?

+ Reply to Thread