+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 512 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

rather nice this. interesting bit of buttery raspberry on the finish, but its nice and completely different in mouth too with pepper on the tip of tongue. some mango on the nose also.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    rather nice this. interesting bit of buttery raspberry on the finish, but its nice and completely different in mouth too with pepper on the tip of tongue. some mango on the nose also.
    Fettercairn is a nice dram, not tried that one though
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I came across a book recently, titled: "1001 Whiskys to Try Before you Die" (I hate those "1001 ..." books. ). But I did wonder how many you and Grant had sampled.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I came across a book recently, titled: "1001 Whiskys to Try Before you Die" (I hate those "1001 ..." books. ). But I did wonder how many you and Grant had sampled.
    sure it wont be 1001..... i hope
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Noel.

sure it wont be 1001..... i hope
    Unfortunately in Australia, we only get a fraction of that 1001

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hole46 View Post
    Unfortunately in Australia, we only get a fraction of that 1001

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A long way to send the good stuff I guess.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A freebie of Glenfarclas 105.

A nice and powerful dram. About 60%
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

A freebie of Glenfarclas 105.

A nice and powerful dram. About 60%
    Nice dram
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Les Hauts De Saint Martin, Saint-Chinian 2021

Grape: 45% Syrah, 30% Black Grenache, 15% Carignan and 10% Mourvedre.

Rich garnet red colour, with red and black currents, with a hint of spice aroma.

Full bodied and generous with rich, baked blackberry flavours and a long finish.

Winner of Medaille d'Or 2022, Concours Des Grand Vins De France A Macon.

13.5% ABV. Can be drunk now, but will age and mellow beautifully for up to three years.

Photos to follow.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

I'm drinking some wine tonight, some bog standard chardonnay from Co op, it tastes ok, and it gets me merry.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread