Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Château Le Coin, Bordeaux 2020

Château Le Coin, Bordeaux 2020

I've always liked this Bordeaux, and have posted here on other year's vintages. But this 2020 vintage continues the reliable quality of this Château, so I'm posting about it again.

The "noise" surrounding Bordeaux is usually focused on the unreachable 1er growths. But, if you know where to look, there are bargains to be found. Ludovic Roussillon’s Château Le Coin is the perfect example. Thanks to the strict, historic appellation boundaries, Ludovic’s estate shares the same fine, Saint-Emilion limestone soil but falls just outside the official boundary, on the other side of the river. Meaning top-shelf wine but without the eyewatering price. Ludovic Roussillon isa one-man-band, growing his own grapes and making his own wine And his efforts pay off, winning countless Golds for his silky, rich claret.

Tasting notes: Smooth and silky with ripe damson, cassis fruit; hints of spicy oak

Aroma: Ripe plum with notes of tobacco and spice

14.5% ABV About £12 a bottle

Drink by 31 December, 2024
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Fettercairn 16.

Interesting one this.. not at all usual but yet it hits several marks.
    Need to explore what I'm getting more, and it will be a pleasure
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Fettercairn 16.

Interesting one this.. not at all usual but yet it hits several marks.
    Need to explore what I'm getting more, and it will be a pleasure
    Fetterdcairn is a decent dram
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Afraid I need another

a real mix in this. been in oloroso and palo cortado butts to finish.. obvious its a finish as plenty bourbon in it too.. stone fruits in abundance, as is vanilla and a bit of sherried dried fruits. not sweet; tart would be closer but not bang on..spicy finish too.. i like
    Last edited by struth; 10-09-2023 at 17:02.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Afraid I need another

a real mix in this. been in oloroso and palo cortado butts to finish.. obvious its a finish as plenty bourbon in it too.. stone fruits in abundance, as is vanilla and a bit of sherried dried fruits. not sweet; tart would be closer but not bang on..spicy finish too.. i like
    Sounds good
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Kevin.

Cracked open my Amrat Fusion last night.
    An interesting dram.

Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt

Nose: Rich, barley, fruity. Big on citrus, spices, creamy sweetness. A hint of peat.

Palate: Oaky, rich, gentle peat, coffee, dark chocolate. Fruity.

Finish: Long, spiced, marmalade, sweetness.
    I got the Fruity/Citrus and spicy nose, but not the peat…
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Cracked open my Amrat Fusion last night.
    An interesting dram.

I got the Fruity/Citrus and spicy nose, but not the peat…
    if its just a little peat it can come across as a bit of barrel char
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

2018 Clarendelle, Médoc

American financier Clarence Dillon visited Bordeaux in 1934 and fell in love with world famous Château Haut-Brion. The estate wasn’t then in peak form, but that didn’t put him off. Certain it was the jewel of Bordeaux, he bought it and so started his family’s long commitment to the region and fine wine. In 1983 they purchased La Mission Haut-Brion, next door, and the family have since extended their portfolio to other areas of Bordeaux. Clarendelle is the initiative of Clarence Dillon’s great grandson, Prince Robert of Luxembourg. This is their superb Médoc, using quality grapes from their impressive portfolio of properties so as to express the very best of an excellent vintage. Their guiding principle is to present perfectly aged wines inspired by their heritage and reflecting the hallmarks of the great estates: Elegance, Balance and Complexity.

"Plum, redcurrant and chocolate aromas and flavors. Round tannins and a delicious finish"

Merlot 85%, Cabernet Sauvignon 14% and Petit Verdot 1%.

14% ABV Drink by end of 2030. c. £22 a bottle
    Last edited by Barry; 21-09-2023 at 22:28. Reason: Addition
    Barry

2018 L'Épiphanie de Paulllac

"Épiphanie: '...moment of great or sudden revelation'."

L'Épiphanie wines are born of privileged relationships with some of the wine's greatest winemaking properties. This cuvée comes from one of Paulliac's most prestigious châteaux, a Premier Grand Cru Classé known for its exceptional terroir and fine wines of great elegance. This expressive wine displays classic blackcurrant, black cherry and black plum characteristics infused with subtle spice cedar and cigar box notes. These classic aromas and flavours combine with firm, beautifully ripe tannins for a complex, well-balanced wine with a long harmonious finish. Can be drunk now, but cellaring for a few years and decanting before serving will pay dividends.

14% ABV Drink by end of 2028. £27 a bottle
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread