+ Reply to Thread
Page 495 of 512 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Got a bit behind with my posting on here. So without further ado:

Château Moulin du Prieur, Bordeaux AOC 2021

A wine from Ludovic Roussillon, the winemaker behind the generous ripe fruit and velvety tannins of Château Le Coin. The Moulin du Prieur has the same appealing style. The 2021 vintage is packed with creamy blackberry, plum and spice notes.

Ludovic Roussillon is one of the top viticulteurs in Bordeaux’s Entre-Deux-Mers. This is another wine from his vineyards – mostly Merlot, with a little Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon – all vinified to bring out the fruit richness, supported by sleek tannins. Rethink Bordeaux with this supple, generously fruity, rounded red.

Best to drink before the end of 2025, but can be drunk now.

13.5% ABV £14.99 a bottle
    Last edited by Barry; 26-08-2023 at 11:17.
    Barry

Château Les Moutins, Bordeaux AOP 2019

Château Les Moutins lies on the Right Bank of the Garonne. It has been family owned since 1852 and boasts 60 hectares of vineyard, most of those are over 20 years old. The clay, limestone and chalk soils are key to the freshness and expressive aromas of the wine, redolent of ripe plum, redcurrant and rose petal. Merlot is the main grape on this side of the river, which accounts for the bold, radiant red robe, the nose unveils light and fruity aromas. Suave and smooth opening on the palate, with great roundness and balance.

2019 was a great vintage – well balanced with deliciously ripe fruit. Nearly-all Merlot, this claret can be driunk now and over the next 4 years.

Winner of 7 Gold medals by international judging panels.

13% ABV £17 a bottle
    Barry

L'Epiphanie de Pauillac, Pauillac AOC 2018

L’Épiphanie de Pauillac hails from a Premier Grand Cru Classé estate. There are only three in the appellation: Lafite Rothschild, Mouton Rothschild and Latour. This wine is from one of them. It isn’t their Grand Vin, of course, but it’s made from the same fruit by the same winemaker and housed in the same barrels. Yet it costs less than 1/16th of the Grand Vin’s price. L’Épiphanie de Pauillac has blackcurrant, cherry and ripe plum infused with subtle spice, cedar and cigar box notes. These classic aromas combine with firm tannins for a complex wine with a long finish. By all means open a bottle now, but cellaring will pay dividends.

Drink by end 2028.

14% ABV £27 a bottle
    Barry

Clarendelle by Haut-Brion, Médoc AOC 2018

American financier Clarence Dillon visited Bordeaux in 1934 and fell in love with world famous Château Haut-Brion. The estate wasn’t then in peak form, but that didn’t put him off one iota. Certain it was the jewel of Bordeaux, he bought it and so started his family’s long commitment to the region and fine wine. In 1983 they purchased La Mission Haut-Brion, next door, and the family have since extended their portfolio to other areas of Bordeaux. Clarendelle is the initiative of Clarence Dillon’s great grandson, Prince Robert of Luxembourg. This is their superb Médoc, using quality grapes from their impressive portfolio of properties so as to express the very best of an excellent vintage. Only released when ready, it’s a fine red meat wine.

Drink by end of 2030.

14% ABV £22 a bottle
    Barry

I'm Grant.

last of the balvenie rum cask. very nice and slightly different
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Balblair 15 yr old.

Interesting stuff. Plenty of dried fruit and oak spices with maybe some apple and a nice bit of vanilla in there too.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Balblair 15 yr old.

Interesting stuff. Plenty of dried fruit and oak spices with maybe some apple and a nice bit of vanilla in there too.
    Not tried the 15 but the really enjoyed the 12
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

a freebie dram of Ardmore 16... quite lovely in its style

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    a freebie dram of Ardmore 16... quite lovely in its style

That should be nice
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    That should be nice
    yes it was nice...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread