+ Reply to Thread
Page 487 of 512 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 5118

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

Carn Mor strictly ltd. Glentauchers 9 yr old (2010). I blew a lot of dust off this as its been in collection for a while now. a big fruitcake on the nose; a sweet one at that with a bit of furniture polish there too. this continues to the big bold taste of spices, sherry and apple pie. Tastes wonderful and just hangs in there all the way through the long finish. not quite hot but very spicy and a bit of sweet sherry along with the drying oak behind it..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

At around £50 a bottle, is it worth it? Your description makes it sound a bit 'sweet' for my tastes.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Carn Mor strictly ltd. Glentauchers 9 yr old (2010). I blew a lot of dust off this as its been in collection for a while now. a big fruitcake on the nose; a sweet one at that with a bit of furniture polish there too. this continues to the big bold taste of spices, sherry and apple pie. Tastes wonderful and just hangs in there all the way through the long finish. not quite hot but very spicy and a bit of sweet sherry along with the drying oak behind it..
    That should be very tasty

Going a tasting next Friday

We are pleased to announce that our tasting on Friday 28th July will have an extra dram and will be a 6 drammer, 4 un-peated and 2 will be peated. Morrison distillers are the family who used to own Bowmore distillery on Islay and have some amazing indie bottlings via their Old Perth range, Carn Mor Strictly Limited range and Mac Talla range, the line up for the night is as follows;

1. Old Perth 12 - Sherry Cask 46% ABV

2. Carn Mor - Glen Ord 2012 - Bourbon Cask 47.5% ABV

3. Carn Mor - Glentauchers 2015 - Oloroso 47.5% ABV

4. Carn Mor - Glen Ord 2012 - Wasted Degrees Collaboration - Porter Cask (428 bottles only) - 54.8% ABV

5. Mac-Talla Mara - American Oak Casks - 58.2% ABV - peated

6. Max-Talla Feis Isle 2023 - Perdo Ximinez Sherry Casks - 54.6% ABV
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    At around £50 a bottle, is it worth it? Your description makes it sound a bit 'sweet' for my tastes.
    maybe not tbh, think its usually 55 now... more or less fairly close tho. i paid about 30 notes for it at time so that was a bargain. no, not too sweet but quite spicy on the way down. maybe 45 note whisky...lol

think i rated it 82..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    That should be very tasty

Going a tasting next Friday

We are pleased to announce that our tasting on Friday 28th July will have an extra dram and will be a 6 drammer, 4 un-peated and 2 will be peated. Morrison distillers are the family who used to own Bowmore distillery on Islay and have some amazing indie bottlings via their Old Perth range, Carn Mor Strictly Limited range and Mac Talla range, the line up for the night is as follows;

1. Old Perth 12 - Sherry Cask 46% ABV

2. Carn Mor - Glen Ord 2012 - Bourbon Cask 47.5% ABV

3. Carn Mor - Glentauchers 2015 - Oloroso 47.5% ABV

4. Carn Mor - Glen Ord 2012 - Wasted Degrees Collaboration - Porter Cask (428 bottles only) - 54.8% ABV

5. Mac-Talla Mara - American Oak Casks - 58.2% ABV - peated

6. Max-Talla Feis Isle 2023 - Perdo Ximinez Sherry Casks - 54.6% ABV
    carn mors' are usually pretty decent. i quite like the old perths' too.. this one is glentauchers. not tried glen ord or other w2
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

carn mors' are usually pretty decent. i quite like the old perths' too.. this one is glentauchers. not tried glen ord or other w2
    Looking forward to it should be a decent night
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

Glenallachie 12.

Heavily sherried dram.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Glenallachie 12.

Heavily sherried dram.
    I’m a bit of a Billy Walker fanboy
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I’m a bit of a Billy Walker fanboy
    Lol, yes I know.. so am I tbh
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Balvenie 12 american oak.... not tried this before. first impression is quite smooth with a fudge and vanilla taste .. surprisingly smooth going down too. pretty good so far

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread