+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 512 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Mmmm... Tricky one, dude. I'm afraid it's part and parcel of being in the care industry.

There are lots of folks who have to work through Christmas.

Ever thought of starting up your own business as a carpenter or something that better rewards your undoubted creative skills?

Marco.
    Yeh but i bet they don't work days, afternoons, & nights solid one after each other all the way to new year, hopefully i'll be out of care work this year.My (Ex mate) i look after has back stabbed me so much i aint bothered anymore tbh, It's his problem not mine, he wonders why he can keep staff for more than a month at a time!.

Cabinet making is my trade but it's all dead imho, people would rather got to flat pack these days.Seems quality doesnt matter anymore.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

There's a market for quality cabinet making, mate, just as there is for quality hi-fi - you don't target the mass market!

But if you want to start your own business, you have to be passionate, determined, and totally focussed to make it happen. It ain't just gonna land on your lap....

Anyway, this is a discussion for another thread

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    There's a market for quality cabinet making, mate, just as there is for quality hi-fi - you don't target the mass market!

But if you want to start your own business, you have to be passionate, determined, and totally focussed to make it happen. It ain't just gonna land on your lap....

Anyway, this is a discussion for another thread

Marco.
    Aye had my own cabinet making buisness, a certain person destroyed that outright..Wouldnt even go there again, couldnt infact..I think i have to face the fact i'm a wasted individual thats in reality a complete looser.Sorry for moaning dude.Do you think i could get a job on that 'Grumpy Old Men' thing on TV?

I'm colin.

What about making bespoke Hi Fi racks where the top rack is plinth made specifically for the customers personal turntable?
    Just a thought. If i had shit loads of money id buy one.
    And dont think there isnt anybody to buy it. I live in central London and i see crazy spending in town. Some people have got money and lots of it.

I'm colin.

Im a bit cheap when it comes to wine but i had an expensive Australian Shiraz the ohter night and it was the best bit of plonk ive tested.
    Im spending tomorrow with Jools Holland ( on my todd ) and it would make it that much better with some quality plonk.
    Any one recommend a shiraz? My nearest offy is a Odbins.

I'm Steve.

I have to say, I normally drink , well, not quite the cheapest.. but carefully.

However, discovered Sainsbury's do their own Amerone. It is now my favourite wine. Its also sodding £15 a bottle.

Luckily now we have xmas out the way, I only have to wait another 4 weeks till my birthday, then Fiona's birthday a couple of weeks later. Then I'll have to find some more birthdays to celebrate.

I would rather have one bottle of this than 3 ordinary ones.... well maybe not every week, but you know what I mean.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    What about making bespoke Hi Fi racks where the top rack is plinth made specifically for the customers personal turntable?
    Just a thought. If i had shit loads of money id buy one.
    And dont think there isnt anybody to buy it. I live in central London and i see crazy spending in town. Some people have got money and lots of it.
    I do have fresh designs for high end Thorens turntable surrounds in solid English Oak but can't get it off the ground yet. Can anyone find an advert in the back of HiFi World about 4/5 years ago under Dragonfly Audio for me.

I'm colin.

Good luck with that Andre.

I'm ChrisB.

Can you describe the advert a little more Andre?
    I may be able to help

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Can you describe the advert a little more Andre?
    I may be able to help
    Thats it i can't remember, i was only small in the back..

+ Reply to Thread