+ Reply to Thread
Page 452 of 510 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    indeed robin.. ive bought a few bottles of favs that are still affordable to lay down.
    Doing something similar, picking up malts I enjoy before the prices go really daft
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Doing something similar, picking up malts I enjoy before the prices go really daft
    will buy a few more before stopping buying until things get back to normal..ish lol

just trying a sample of dewars 8yr old japanese smooth.

Not sure if I like it yet. It's warm and certainly smooth, but..

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

will buy a few more before stopping buying until things get back to normal..ish lol

just trying a sample of dewars 8yr old japanese smooth.

Not sure if I like it yet. It's warm and certainly smooth, but..

Need to take some photos of recent purchases, although most are not opened yet
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

the twelve from benriach.. lovely drop this..

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A freebie here. The Sassanach blended malt.
    Summat to do with an actor.

Taste wise, it's slightly sweet and a bit of malt, orange be etc. Mouth is thin but finish is decent, slow but warm.
    I feel it's a newbies dram and can see it enticing new buyers to whisky.
    Very pleasant but a whisky drinker wouldn't want a bottle of the stuff
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Deanston virgin oak
    I'm rather partial to the Deanston 12 YO Grant - now that's a hidden gem bargain IMO, especially with so many whiskies I normally like (Springbank) being hard to come by and ridiculously expensive.

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I'm rather partial to the Deanston 12 YO Grant - now that's a hidden gem bargain IMO, especially with so many whiskies I normally like (Springbank) being hard to come by and ridiculously expensive.

yes its very good too Tim. the virgin is bit cheaper at about 35 and equally tasty. deanstons 18 yr old is good value for its age too at about 70 notes. last bottle of it i got was actually 63.. deanston do some nice whisky
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Haha . . . . I've about an inch left of the 18 YO, a very nice dram indeed. I haven't tried the Virgin Oak, so I think I need to change that, thanks for the nudge.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Grant.

an very smooth customer is Aberfeldy 16.. buttery smooth but plenty of spices just below surface amazingly the all compliment each other and it just stays smooth yet the mouth wants more.
    a very good whisky for the price.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

That should be nice Grant, don’t I have tasted it so far.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread