+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 510 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    last of the glenallachie 12 yr old.. lovely drop.

I still have some left, really do like it
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I still have some left, really do like it
    ive a bottle of the 8 yr old in today. its 8 quid cheaper and quite good too. not quite as smooth tho. will open box tomorrow maybe lol. should be some more of the glen scotia too as it was on offer
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

ive a bottle of the 8 yr old in today. its 8 quid cheaper and quite good too. not quite as smooth tho. will open box tomorrow maybe lol. should be some more of the glen scotia too as it was on offer
    Not tried the 8 year old yet, been trying to improve my malt whisky knowledge over the last few months, mainly through you tube videos and a few other places. some of the prices are becoming eye watering so alway trying to find the best value for money.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

horst luning had a channel on the utube. he is pretty knowlegeable, and been att it for years. a bit tutonic at times but worth getting his opinions .. ive been drinking malt since i was 18. even worked in a few distilleries.
    Whisky is a simple thing, but is often complicated by some. The blender has the hard job; we get the simple one
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

horst luning had a channel on the utube. he is pretty knowlegeable, and been att it for years. a bit tutonic at times but worth getting his opinions .. ive been drinking malt since i was 18. even worked in a few distilleries.
    Whisky is a simple thing, but is often complicated by some. The blender has the hard job; we get the simple one
    Yes, all we have to do is buy and taste it, quite good now we have a whisky shop locally, which also helps. At my age I should know a lot more about the stuff than I do, its very interesting trying, the higher ABV stuff, non chill filtered and no added colour, which are miles away to the stuff you can pick up in the supermarket although, there are a few decent ones in supermarkets.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Yes, all we have to do is buy and taste it, quite good now we have a whisky shop locally, which also helps. At my age I should know a lot more about the stuff than I do, its very interesting trying, the higher ABV stuff, non chill filtered and no added colour, which are miles away to the stuff you can pick up in the supermarket although, there are a few decent ones in supermarkets.
    I usually get mine from M of M. I've a free next day postage deal with them which saves a load of cash.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

I usually get mine from M of M. I've a free next day postage deal with them which saves a load of cash.
    Thanks Grant, if the local shop doesn’t have what I’m looking for I will have a look there.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Kevin.

M of M is where I used to get my whisky from as well.
    Unfortunately, since Breakshit happened, it is too complicated for them to shim into Europe. Another shining example of helping U.K. small to medium size businesses.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    M of M is where I used to get my whisky from as well.
    Unfortunately, since Breakshit happened, it is too complicated for them to shim into Europe. Another shining example of helping U.K. small to medium size businesses.
    yup, breakshite was sooo smart lots of issues with eu myself but that was stupid. plenty other good companies too.. whisky world, whisky exchange and house of malt plus tyndrum whisky too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

glenallachie 8 yr old tonight.. a little cheaper and not so smooth as the 12 but maybe more sherry.

edit... deffo more sherry. a little bit firier with more oak spice

Last edited by struth; 11-11-2022 at 17:46.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread