+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 512 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

One of these tonight.. From the recently opened Wolfburn Distillery. this stuff is lovely, and quite strong too, at i think 58%. doesnt need much water and can be drunk without. The Wolf was a big distillery way back in day and will be again.

QUALITY DRAM

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Tobermory 12yr old. Bourbon barrels then finished in virgin oak..

Some caramel and sea salt and a little vanilla further in...Quite creamy with pears and a touch of spice initially . Then the peppery spice kicks in, but keeps the fruitiness in tandem and moves to finish of a slighty sour but zingy finale. finish is medium long, and the fruit is always there to help balance the pepper.
    rather good this actually; im impressed as its first Tobermory ive had for a good while and wasnt overly taken with their 10yr old.

no water needed imo and the more you drink the better it tastes... i dare say that makes it moreish
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

rather good that tobermory. i will get more. its up there for money...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jon.

Does this count?..

I'm guy.

How is that St Peters Jon? I have seen it and been interested, but a bout of gout has stopped me drinking for the last couple of weeks
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Jon.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll make up for lost time
    The St Peters was unusual & wonderful, well worth a punt.

I'm Grant.

A nice day and I'm not getting any younger/whisky isn't getting any older so opened this octaves 2 from Glenglassaugh.

Aged in 50 litre octave casks that held bourbon, PX and Amontillado Sherries.

Lots of dried fruit here.. Lashings of it but balanced with the vanilla and a little caramel, plus chilli peppers. Some jam in there too... This is superb stuff.
    Top quality mouthfeel and nice, sustained finish. Get some.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Another new opening; Glenglassaugh Evolution @50% and fairly young.. first came out in about 2014 i think and won a few awards.

White wine, butterscotch and vanilla on nose leads to a fruity centre but always with that vanilla and caramelly touches beside it.. apples too appear. Some pepper but nicely controlled for 50% and youth. No water needed either imo. Some nice oak and banana in the finish.
    This was aged in ex Tennessee barrels(Geo Dickel i believe although not 100% sure). It is very decent for 3/4 yrs old and a pleasure to drink. Excellent distillery this. i have a few of theirs.. no colour or chill filtering either...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

splashed out and ordered a bottle of this... should be here tomorrow..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Last of the deanston 18. Shame as its rather great
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread