+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 407 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4061

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

End of another bottle. Clearing the dregs I think it's called.

This is Tamnavulin sherry cask. Fairly cheap n cheerful this. Quite decent for under 30 notes.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. "Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak!"

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Picked these up a while ago and have just arrived today.
    2 mini water jugs for whisky.
    Big Ben and eros. Both made by Wade.

Some Glenallachie 15 in background

Regards,

OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. "Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak!"

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A fine Bourbon today. The Eagle Rare, 10yr old.
    It's not malt but it's smooth and warming. For money, and if you fancy starting on bourbon this is a very good start point
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Powers John's Lane.
    A new bottle design; same quality

think i preferred the old bottle.

yes same quality spitit.. very nice drink indeed.
    Last edited by struth; 17-12-2020 at 18:33.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Julian.

I took a punt on this Austrian Gruner Veltliner' tonight for around a tenner and am absolutely blown away by its quality.

The fruit is deliciously ripe and rich, somewhere inbetween Sauv Blanc and Viognier territory but it has an earthy, chalky steeliness and a bit of pepper on the finish.
    I will definitely be back for more!

Allo Digione - Topping D70 DAC - Chinese RVC - Audio Synthesis Desire Decade - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm guy.

where from ?
    LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50/A4O'S, LS5, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Julian.

Just the local off-licence but worth looking out for this or other producers ...
    Allo Digione - Topping D70 DAC - Chinese RVC - Audio Synthesis Desire Decade - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Justin.

Gruner is my current white wine fave.

I'm Grant.

Dalmore Port Wood Reserve.

46.5% no colouring. matured in American white oak and finished in Tawny port tubes.

Caramel and sweet stewed fruits. Quite creamy. A bit of orange too. A slight dry finish.
    Quite powerful so water may assist. Nice tho

edit, yes a half teaspoon is helpful in opening up and smoothing edges. a nice drop.

growing on me more and more
    Last edited by struth; 18-12-2020 at 15:27.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Wolfburn Aurora Sherry Cask.
    My last bottle of this.. Young but very tasty from what may be a distillery to watch.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread