+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 510 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

Another 18..from the Glen of the Wild Geese.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

New Bottle day..

Glenfarclas 18.

plenty sherried fruit and some other fruit too; vanilla and a lot of honey. good oily mouthfeel and a long spicy finish. lots of oak
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Glenglassaugh Revival needs reviving alas.. A lovely dram for money

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    At the risk of lowering the standard, I'm enjoying a slug or two of Spey Cascade 'The Singleton'.
    Not at all... My usual is Laphroaig, but whenever I happen across a singleton I do find it eminently quaffable. I might lower the tone with this Highland Park, which was on offer at Tesco... Surprisingly nice, if a little pointy around the edges.

Currently drinking / in the queue (in between ibuprofen doses):

Singleton
    Highland Park
    Talisker Skye
    Tamnavulin

Impressive collection, Grant. I tend to have one or two on the go and replenish. Might be interesting to find the space to have a real selection to choose from. I'll think on that.

By the way, I'm firmly of the opinion (reinforced by some expert whiskey drinking training I once took part in) that a splash of cool water in your whiskey is the correct way to drink most whiskeys... Or straight, never ice unless it's' throat burn'.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Deanston have a lot of good uns, this is the best... Got them at a good price]
    What do you call a good price, Grant? Looks like about £70 a bottle at the moment

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Feet View Post
    What do you call a good price, Grant? Looks like about £70 a bottle at the moment
    Think it was about £55 when ordered. You should still pick it up under 70 tho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

after a nice roast beef dinner, a tomintoul speyside glenlivet 12 yr old oloroso cask.. rather good for not too much..under 40...

creamy mouthfeel with sherry, and orange; a bit of caramel. nice finish too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Deanston 18. New bottle. Naughty me.

one of my top 5 bourbon heavy malts.. a touch of fresh burnt cask in this that you only taste after a really fruity malt.. almost tastes like smoke. very rich this.
    Last edited by struth; 14-12-2020 at 16:42.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A Redbreast Lustau.

Not much left of this, maybe one more.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Rothes Chronicles.. very fruity and powerful

Absolutely super whisky this and in a travel retail 1l bottle t'boot.
    Put this on my Xmas list
    Last edited by struth; 14-12-2020 at 16:43.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread