+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 512 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 5112

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Any one have experience of selling whisky? If so please let me know what you consider to be the best route.

I have three cases of Arran "founders reserve" (very nice whisky) which seems to command quite high prices from dealers - I have seen original case of 12 bottles being offered at £3000, individual bottles at about £100, so obviously there is a premium for "complete sets" for collectors.
    My idea is to sell a case (perhaps two) and then invest in some of the whiskies discussed here - I like the look of the "Edradour" range highlighted here by Struth.

My problem is that as much as I like the Arran, some variety would be nice

been looking into this a bit more.. the initial founders was i think about 6 yrs old when bottled, and all the founders were offered some depending on how much they put in etc in 2001. some folk didnt initially respond sso never got theirs, but a 14 yr old was then produced to give to them.. I believe an 18 was also bottled at bit later, probably for same reason.
    Prices vary, but obviously cases will make a premium over singles.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by goraman View Post
    Thank you,
    I like your Famous Grouse edition pitcher it you should happen by a bottle of Naked Grouse you won't be disappointed.
    Now one of my friends likes it after having a pour of mine. It sells it's self if people here would try it.
    I'm glad they don't though as I'm sure the price would go up if more people did.
    It's a lot like Glenmorrangie 14 Quinta Ruban ,but a little younger.
    I wish they offered a liter bottle as the 750ml. just goes to fast!
    I will likely pick up a bottle somewhere. Can get it in grocers for £21 here. Tesco have the Glen Keith on offer here for £20. Need someone to get me a bottle lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Opened this Edradour 12 yr old "Caladonia"

Being a big fan of this distillery, i decided to try this Dougie McClean dram. Its a very rich whisky; a touch more so than the 10, the extra 2 years have produced more chocolate and a nice honey and more sherried whisky, and a great longish finish.
    again it is improved by the slightest drop of water; opens up by a huge margin... quality stuff but imo needs that 1/4 teaspoon of water.
    Quality Stuff.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

Hi Grant,

I saw a newspaper advert asking for investors (back in the 1990's). When I told my father in law about it, he decided to invest.
    A couple of years later he received 5 cases of "Lochranza" blended - followed by 5 cases of the "Founders reserve" a few years later (both "in bond"). You are right about the 6 year old bottling (that is this stuff) and it is amazing what was achieved in that amount of time.
    I have heard of the 14 (although the 18 I wasn't aware of, that must command quite a premium).

He left them to me in his will, but when I went around to his house there was no Lochranza blend to be found (he wasn't a heavy Whisky drinker preferring gin and lime) and only three cases of the reserve hidden away (thank God). I have my suspicions about where the missing cases went - particularly as a step brother in law had commented, a couple of years earlier, about how valuable my father in laws whiskey was

Mind you, water under the bridge and I do think about my father in law when I raise a glass to him - lovely bloke
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Hi Grant,

I saw a newspaper advert asking for investors (back in the 1990's). When I told my father in law about it, he decided to invest.
    A couple of years later he received 5 cases of "Lochranza" blended - followed by 5 cases of the "Founders reserve" a few years later (both "in bond"). You are right about the 6 year old bottling (that is this stuff) and it is amazing what was achieved in that amount of time.
    I have heard of the 14 (although the 18 I wasn't aware of, that must command quite a premium).

He left them to me in his will, but when I went around to his house there was no Lochranza blend to be found (he wasn't a heavy Whisky drinker preferring gin and lime) and only three cases of the reserve hidden away (thank God). I have my suspicions about where the missing cases went - particularly as a step brother in law had commented, a couple of years earlier, about how valuable my father in laws whiskey was

Mind you, water under the bridge and I do think about my father in law when I raise a glass to him - lovely bloke
    GOOD STUFF... THEY MAY WELL HAVE USED SMALLER CASKS. IT MATURES QUICKER. THIS IS WHAT WOLFBURN ARE DOING FOR INSTANCE AS THEY ARE A FAIRLY NEW BUILD, ALTHOUGH IT WAS A VERY OLD DISTILLERY ORIGINALLY BUT FELL INTO DISREPAIR. WOLFBURN STUFF IS FABULOUS... I LOVE IT excuse caps.. im finishing my day with a wolfburn langskip.. heaven
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Deanston 12. Another great whisky this. All bourbon based wood used. Gives marmalade on nose, caramel and vanilla. Some oak, but not too spicy. Again benefits from 1/4 teaspoon of water.
    This is just over 46% and unchillfilreted.
    I love most of there age statement whiskies esp this for value and the 18 as its heavenly
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Wolfburn again. Ordered more.

This is 5yr old aged in quarter casks.. ie 50litre. Quarter of a standard American barrel.
    Fab stuff this and at a yummy 58% if memory serves.

great bottles, best quality corks and 3 high quality labels as well all add to the style
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Just ordered some Powers John’s Lane as my youngest lad loves Irish so we’ll have a little tasting with the Redbreast later this month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

Sure you both will enjoy it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Sure you both will enjoy it.
    Love the Redbreast and the Green Spot so really looking forward to this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread