Page 257 of 512 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    One for the list methinks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Haha... Love it, Tony!

Actually, I rather like the look of that. Do you chill it? I'm thinking, put some chunky glasses in the freezer, so they come out nice and cold and cloudy, shove some ice in and a slice of lime, and pour the Tequila over it...

Marco.
    That may be a good shout Marco. Haven’t tried it with anything yet, just getting to know it. It has a very silky and quite refined character, only a light oiliness too. It’s lovely to actually just taste as is, will be interesting to try different temperatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by goraman View Post
    Grant,
    Pendleton 1910 12 year Rye .
    It took drinking it straight, with a splash of water and with a couple cubes of ice to find out it is best with a single ice cube.
    Ice brings out the Smokiness and with out thinning it.
    I really like that it is smoother than most Rye whiskeys.
    It is more expensive than Crown Royal Rye but about the same in quality. Sadly Crown Royal Northern Rye is hard to find right now but I can still get regular crown Royal blended whiskey easily and thats not a bad way to go either .
    got some pendelton 6 here, not opened tho. crown royal northern is a nice drink but quite expensive here.. over £30 a half bottle. ive got some jackie D rye in stock too.
    also have a 2/3 bottle size of Swedish Spirit of Hven Hvenus Rye here too.. it gets a great rep but ive not tried it yet.. it was a treat to myself and about 50 notes.
    strange being a scot, with a huge amount of gods water here on my doorstep that i dain to drink foreign muck a\s its oft called here, but i love bourbon and rye
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by goraman View Post
    These are all daily drinks, nothing to expensive .
    I like dry whiskey so Bourbon and Rye are my usual drink.
    I keep a $50.00 limit per bottle .
    a good inexpensive Scotch would be Glen Grant 10.. over here its under £30 and their Major's reserve is even cheaper. tomatin legacy is nice too, as is 10 yr old glenmorangie original. oh and glengoyne if you can get it...might be a bit more expensive tho. the sexton from ireland might be cheaper over there too. nice drop that and a crazy bottle

a few of my opened bottles
    Last edited by struth; 23-04-2020 at 07:48.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - love it... That's better than most bars or hotels!!

My wine 'cellar' in that respect is similar (more diverse selection, better quality) than that contained in most good restaurants! Currently I've got around 150 bottles, including table and dessert wines - and then there's the collection of aperitifs & digestifs, which numbers around 50-60 bottles, plus mixers for cocktails!

We're not alchies, lol - just enjoy having access to a nice selection of drinks, should we take the notion for something, plus we like to entertain....

That's why when we built our new kitchen, I made sure there was an area for me to use as a 'bar' for preparing drinks, along with a big cupboard to house all the different glasses! Plus, it meant that I could keep out of Del's way while she was cooking, as we'd be at opposite ends of the kitchen

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - love it... That's better than most bars or hotels!!

My wine 'cellar' is the same (more diverse selection, better quality) than that contained in most good restaurants! Currently I've got around 150 bottles, including table and dessert wines - and then there's the collection of aperitifs & digestifs, which numbers around 50-60 bottles, plus mixers for cocktails!

We're not alchies, lol - just enjoy having access to a nice selection of drinks, should we take the notion for something, and we like to entertain....

That's why when we built our new kitchen, I made sure there was an area for me to use as a 'bar' for preparing drinks and a big cupboard to house all the different glasses! Plus, it meant that I could keep put of Del's way while she was cooking, as the we're at opposite ends of the kitchen

Marco.
    Thats the open ones.. there are a few out of pic too.. Ive a lot that are unopened... some are maybe not going to be for some time
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool beans, mate. It's good to enjoy something nice that you're passionate about - otherwise what's the point in living!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

a list of my unopened whisky stuff.. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dan.

Enjoying this currently (a bit too much TBH)

My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Grant.

a nice drop, glenrothes...yum
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread