Page 255 of 379 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3790

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

My namesake, Glen Grant
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. Errol Flynn

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Now for a wee change from all this bloody whisky chatter!

Just ordered a nice mixed-dozen case of wines from Virgin, to top-up our dwindling stocks, haha....

Chateau Macquin St Georges St Emilion 2016.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...ges-St-Emilion

Chateauneuf-du-Pape Cuvee Speciale 2016.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...Cuvee-Speciale

Gran Oristan Gran Reserva 2011.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...n-Gran-Reserva

Cascina Adelaide Langhe DOC Nebbiolo 2015.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...e-DOC-Nebbiolo

Chateau La Raze Beauvallet Medoc Cru Bourgeois.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...-Cru-Bourgeois

Hummingbird Verdelho 2018.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...gbird-Verdelho

Far del Sud Terra Alta Garnatxa Blanca 2016.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...arnatxa-Blanca

Cave de Turckheim Pinot Gris Sables et Galets.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...bles-et-Galets

Racing Zeppelins Western Cape Shiraz 2018.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...rn-Cape-Shiraz

Grande Cortrosso Negroamaro Appassimento 2015.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...o-Appassimento

Avamposti Ventura Monferrato DOC Rosso Pinot Nero 2017.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...sso-Pinot-Nero

La Dama Valpolicella Ripasso 2016.

Details here: https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wine/Z...icella-Ripasso

All arriving Friday... Can't wait!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW18.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

I'm Grant.

Dillons 3 oaks rye

Quite dry and with a long finish.. Smooth too.
    Small batches from copper pot stills give it an interesting character.
    Opens up nicely with a very small bit of water.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Were you not listening!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

I'm Grant.

youll not be wanting any then
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Happy to take Marco’s share
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Primare I 32 amp
    Primare R 32 phono stage
    Arcam CDS50 Sacd Network Player
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Lol - when you come down to the 'end of the lockdown' outdoor party we'll be having (when that occurs), you can bring down some of your whisky collection, and I'll sort out the wine and food!

Deal?

Robin, you'll be getting asked to haul your ass down here, too! Marquee, live music, the lot...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

If I'm fit enough. Yup. Way it's going my heart is going to give out first .
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - when you come down to the 'end of the lockdown' outdoor party we'll be having (when that occurs), you can bring down some of your whisky collection, and I'll sort out the wine and food!

Deal?

Robin, you'll be getting asked to haul your ass down here, too! Marquee, live music, the lot...

Marco.
    Sounds good
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Primare I 32 amp
    Primare R 32 phono stage
    Arcam CDS50 Sacd Network Player
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Currently enjoying an ice-cold one of these Czech lagers, which are superb [one of the best I've tasted], on this beautifully warm, sunny evening here in Wrexham:

Very full-bodied, smooth and gorgeously creamy!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread