+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 512 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5113

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Chateau Musar is amazing. Which year?

Marco.
    Went to a Chateau Musar wine tasting earlier this year with a guy from the vineyard. At 10 quid a ticket I think I polished that value off in the first few minutes! We had some outstanding wine that night and rather a lot of it, more than worth the price of entry. His presentation was very informative too, had the entire family history of Chateau Musar and their ethos behind their wines and style of wine-making.

I'm a fan . . . it's not cheap, but is anything that's really good?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Dan.

Very nice. The '92 in particular should be stonkingly good, but the 2003 should prove 'adequate'

What are you having it with, and most importantly, I presume you'll be decanting it first? Musar pretty much always has some sediment at the bottom of the bottle. I always leave it standing upright for and hour or so before decanting, to allow the sediment to settle, which make it separate more and easier to extract

Marco.
    Yup; it was decanted a good few hours before we had it.

We had it with the brisket that I'd cooked. We were all out my folks for tea last night; so there was a roast fore rib and the brisket as well as the usual trimmings

A few good reds went down, the Ravenswood didn't get opened, makes a change haha
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Excellent - sounds great, but next time we want pics of the COOKED result!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Cool Reccos for Roy-Boy...

Royster,

You mentioned Merlot. I haven't tried this before, but it should tick the right boxes: https://www.aldi.co.uk/exquisite-chi...69671051090200

And for Sangiovese, any good Chianti is your best bet, as that's the grape it's made with. I've had this and it's *very* good indeed, and highly recommended:https://www.aldi.co.uk/chianti-class...78009224691500

Enjoy!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Royster,

You mentioned Merlot. I haven't tried this before, but it should tick the right boxes: https://www.aldi.co.uk/exquisite-chi...69671051090200

And for Sangiovese, any good Chianti is your best bet, as that's the grape it's made with. I've had this and it's *very* good indeed, and highly recommended:https://www.aldi.co.uk/chianti-class...78009224691500

Enjoy!

Marco.
    That was a first had to queue to get on the Aldi website.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Yesh, it's amazing the influence I have, with everyone queuing up to buy my recommendations!

Marco.
    Main System

Popped into Aldi earlier just to get a few bits and nabbed these wines... This is a bit of an unusual one. I've enjoyed many light and fruity reds before from Germany, such as Spätburgunder and Dornfelder, but this one from the Pfalz region should be more intense and full-bodied: https://www.aldi.co.uk/black-star/p/...roduct-reviews

A Gavi DOCG for a mere £6,99? Bonkers! Think double that normally, for one of the nicest white wines you'll drink. A lovely fresh, more flavourful alternative, for lovers of Pinot Grigio: https://www.aldi.co.uk/gavi-di-gavi-...83575209556200

I'm a big fan of the Petite Syrah and Petit Verdot grape varieties, so this one from California piqued my interest, as the warm climate should make for some ripe, juicy fulsome fruitiness, with a hint of spice from the Syrah - plus I just *loved* the label: https://www.aldi.co.uk/odd-lot/p/013961316401000

And lastly a lovely Coteaux D'Aix en Provence Rosé, which unfortunately I can't find a link for, but is definitely from Aldi. However, this wine has won a silver award in the International Wine Challenge, and should be stunning, served chilled with the likes of some smoked salmon. And at £8.99, another Billy Bargain, as Provence Rosé of this quality is usually around £12 a bottle:

Should be a stunner!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Royster,

Enjoy!

Marco.
    Thanks Marco, will have a look when I get to Aldi, I didn't make it there yesterday as I ended up not parking near it before heading into town (stuck a few pics of the clash exhibit at the museum of London here - https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...10#post1142410 & the Rolex wasn't suitable, they're getting a couple of more in for me to look at later in the week)

Cool stuff... Would've liked to have seen that

When you get to Aldi though, defo nab those two wines, as I think you'd like them. Did you get the Pinot Grigio? Can't remember if you did...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

No, I haven't tried the Pinot yet but I will

+ Reply to Thread