+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 510 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Now to find a bottle of 'Chateau Smegma'...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Now to find a bottle of 'Chateau Smegma'...

Marco.
    Probably chilling nicely in a SMEG refrigerator.
    Barry

Indeed!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Well, it's not a real ale, but this is a very nice IPA. The kids bought me a handful of beers for Fathers Day, and this was one of them:

Wychwood Hobgoblin IPA

It looks like this is a new beer from Wychwood, the Oxfordshire brewery based in Witney, no doubt off the back of the incredible resurgence in IPA recently. Under the "New Try Me" cardboard neck thingy (TM) is a little label that states "World Beer Awards - World's Best IPA" - and indeed, according to their website, it is the reigning champion English style IPA. "Melon and vine notes on the nose with some nice hops. Light herbs, citrus and malt coming through in the body with a hint of sour. Great example of the style."

Yes, really really nice, and looks like the major supermarkets stock it, so shouldn't be too hard for you to search out. Is it better than my current favourite, the local Adnams Ghost Ship? Too early to tell on one bottle, I'll have to buy some more!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

This is really nice for supermarket plonk - and just to prove I don’t only drink Spanish wine! (£9 from Sainsbury’s)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Good choice, mate. The Ripasso is a classic! Should be velvety smooth and really fruity, with bags of body

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good choice, mate. The Ripasso is a classic! Should be velvety smooth and really fruity, with bags of body

Marco.
    Yep, sure is, we had a lot of good Italian wines on holiday last year and expanded our horizons a bit - a Ripasso being one of our favourites for good value.
    Alex

Enjoying a rather nice Minervois (sourced directly from vineyards in France) on a lazy Sunday afternoon:

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Well, it's not a real ale, but this is a very nice IPA. The kids bought me a handful of beers for Fathers Day, and this was one of them:

Wychwood Hobgoblin IPA

It looks like this is a new beer from Wychwood, the Oxfordshire brewery based in Witney, no doubt off the back of the incredible resurgence in IPA recently. Under the "New Try Me" cardboard neck thingy (TM) is a little label that states "World Beer Awards - World's Best IPA" - and indeed, according to their website, it is the reigning champion English style IPA. "Melon and vine notes on the nose with some nice hops. Light herbs, citrus and malt coming through in the body with a hint of sour. Great example of the style."

Yes, really really nice, and looks like the major supermarkets stock it, so shouldn't be too hard for you to search out. Is it better than my current favourite, the local Adnams Ghost Ship? Too early to tell on one bottle, I'll have to buy some more!
    I drink standard hobgoblin and the stronger Kinggoblin regular so I may give this ipa a go Alex..

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    I drink standard hobgoblin and the stronger Kinggoblin regular so I may give this ipa a go Alex..

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I think you are supposed to drink IPA at room temperature, but I actually prefer it chilled - also makes it good for a summer tipple instead of lager (which generally I find too gassy) so although it may be a heinous crime, try one in the fridge as well...
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread