Page 133 of 512 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

might benefit from a splash of water Anto
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Cheers Grant. Its the 12 yr aged Malt ,and I do prefer my whisky with a generous amount of water .
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

malt prefers a bit less water than grain i usually find. just enough to bring out its hidden flavours....if it has any not tried that one(least I dont think I have) from lidl.. i quite liked one that was either port or sherry casked, and came out a bit red... was a decent drop that, but I'm a sucker for those styles.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

A couple of bottles of red recently consumed. Bought from Lidl at very attractive prices, but then we are in the best place for inexpensive wine.

If they tried to put the tax up on wine, or add a 'customs and excise' duty, I'm sure there would be the next French revolution.

First off, a cheeky little number:

Very smooth, very fruity, €3.69

2nd, a respectable Bordeaux:

Not quite as nice as the Fitou, but only €3.29

It's a wonder I'm not an alcoholic, seriously I don't drink that much, but I really should try to cut down the weekly consumption.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Seigneurie d'Arse?

Did it have a nicely 'rounded bottom'? Hopefully, there was no 'lingering aftertaste'... Wish I'd spotted that - worth buying for the label alone!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

That's exactly what I thought Marco, and turned out to be a very good red

I'm Kevin.

Which roughly translated says "Lordship of Arse".
    It would be worse if it was "Saignement d'Arse" and I would probably wonder what was in the bottle.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Alan.

Default Biere Blonde

A bit out of my normal price bracket but the first IPA reference I have seen on a French beer, so I had to try it.

There are some wonderful British IPAs, I have tried quite a few

Fleur De Houblon translates as 'hop flower'. Quite a floral taste to it, sweeter than most British IPAs.

Carrefour, €3.85 for a 75cl bottle, 6.5% abv.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Dan.

I'll be having a few Moorhouse's Blonde Witch's tonight me thinks...

And maybe a nice bottle of George DeBeouf's Flurie
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2009 Chateau Dubois Gramont, Bordeaux

60% Merlot 40% Cabernet Sauvignon

4% ABV ~ £9 a bottle

2014 Chateau Gromel Bel Air, Bodeaux Supérieur

This firm rich claret is from a 150 year old cellar situated just north of Fronsac on Bordeaux's Right Bank, very close to Pomerol. Wines this side of the Garonne all rely on Merlot, in this red producing a classic gently oaked style with lush fruit.

Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Franc and Merlot grape

12.5% ABV ~ £10 a bottle

2005 Chateau Ramage La Batisse, Haut-Medoc

Château Ramage La Batisse 2005 is fine, oak-aged claret from the most famous region of Bordeaux and a truly magnificent vintage. A fine choice for a special occasion. Given that the family owned estate lies just a short stroll from Châteaux Lafite and Mouton Rothschild, you might expect it to command a hefty price. Fortunately, it lies just outside the Pauillac boundaries, so is much more reasonable.

This luscious claret has scooped six awards, including two Golds. The wine displays all the classic hallmarks of Haut-Médoc claret - cedar wood, cassis and liquorice complexity.

Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot grape

13% ABV ~£15 a bottle

2011 Chateau Les Trois Manoirs, Médoc

Medaille d’Or, Concours Genéral Agricole, Paris 2013

55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 5% Malbec, 3% Petie Verdot and 2% Cabernet Franc grape

14% ABV ~£18 a bottle

Plus

2013 Piedra Cerza, Pinot Noir

Argentina Pinot noir grape

~ £9 a bottle

2014 Chateau Haut Roudier

20% Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot grape

~ £10 a bottle

2011 Chateau Laborde, Haut-Medoc

Barry

+ Reply to Thread