+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 510 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

2010 Bordeaux. Very nice too. Think it was quite expensive but not sure. Twas a whilago lol
    2010 was a good year for Bordeaux - as good as 2009! Can you tell us a little more about your bottle Grant? What's written on the label? Is there anything written on the back of the bottle?
    Barry

I'm Grant.

made in partnership with jacques lurton the famous oenologist and flying winemaker. etc. and benoit valerie calvet...
    vin rouge elegant et de raffinement.

rather good it is....think i probably got it in aldi in one of there fancy wine weeks.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Got 2 lovely port/sherry glasses today. Picked them up on ebay cheap. Very nice key cut design and dainty size

Looks big in pic but its actually very small
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

Is this stuff suitable for nude organists
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

2009 Château Mathiot, Bordeaux

Medaille d’Or Recolte 2009 Concours Général Agricole de Paris 2011

70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot

13% ABV. I don’t remember what I paid for it but probably ~ £15 a bottle. An excellent example of a fine 2009 Bordeaux. I loved it.

2009 Château Moulin de la Bridane, Saint-Julien, Haut Médoc

These mature vines have produced a wine of exceptional finesse in the sensational 2009 vintage with rich ruby colour, a highly aromatic bouquet and an expressive palate displaying rich black fruit and blackcurrant leaf notes, all supported by firm yet silky tannins.”

13.5% ABV. It is recommended you decant 2 hours before serving (!) I decanted it for 1 hour only. About ~ £15 a bottle, and another excellent 2009 Bordeaux.
    Last edited by Barry; 30-08-2015 at 13:52. Reason: Broken link repaired
    Barry

I'm Grant.

been off wine of late, but they look good Barry. I like cheap French plonk
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Weekend at the Horseshoes Beer Festival

Loads of different stuff but very little I liked and the weather didn't help as cold beer isn't my thing.

Cha Cha Cha , Williamsons?? Yorkshire - very nice .

Polygraph a special from Salopian Breweries ,Shrewsbury 7.5 , like coffee grounds and treacle dark as hell , bloody pipe and slippers type beer
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

2004 Château Villars, Fronsac, Bordeaux

The 2004 vintage was slightly overshadowed by the fruitier 2005 but 10 years on it is revealing itself as a classic vintage with an abundance of charm. Château Villars from Merlot dominant Canon-Fronsac is a fragrant, silky and sophisticated claret.”

Silver medal winner Vignerons Independants Concours 2007

According to the blurb:

En 2004, une sècheresse toujours aussi exceptionelle n’a pas empêché la vigne de se montrer particulièrement généreuse.

A Villars, les vendages manuelles se sont déroulées du 27 septembre au 13 octobre par un très beau début d’automne. Millésime très classique, au nez de fruits très mûrs, rehaussé par des tannins structurés et longs.

Elevé en totalité en barriques durant 12 mois, ce vin est issu de l’assembelage suivant:

69% Merlot, 26% Cabernet Franc, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon.

13% ABV ~ £17 a bottle

Most enjoyable, this wine has with time come into its own. Flavoursome, medium to full bodied, with a reasonably long and satisfying finish.

Suspect this ‘window of opportunity’ will be short, so I’m going to look around for some more.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Got a bottle of this today. ..rather gingery and rather good

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Tonight , been bowling again !!
    A doubles competition , and a well stocked bar at the rear.

3 pints of Sharps Atlantic Luverly
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+ Reply to Thread