+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 510 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

Em, didn't delete anything except a pixie thread It is rather good actually; but I will, as usual be good.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Completely dry house tonight...
    Ah, I will have one for you Bev. ...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Completely dry house tonight...
    Best nip down to the 'offy' then.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

Haven't had a drink since Tuesday, celebrating that tonight

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ah, I will have one for you Bev. ...
    Yeah thanks Grant...

I just can't be bothered to go down the shop either..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

Yeah thanks Grant...

I just can't be bothered to go down the shop either..
    You are really enjoying this
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

You are really enjoying this
    Oh I am ...?

I've restocked so I can join in now ...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

Got some real ale type bottles for my birthday so here goes. try one every few nights I think

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Got some real ale type bottles for my birthday so here goes. try one every few nights I think

Well you could live on it, but it tastes like s**t!
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Some recently enjoyed slurps:

2009 Château Cap d’Or, Saint-Georges Saint-Emilion

Saint-George is one of the finest of Saint Emilion’s ‘satellites’, and this claret is from the outstanding 2009 vintage. Gold medal winner: Concours National des Vignerons Independants, 2011.

80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon. 14% ABV

A medium bodied, deep purple wine with ripe dark plum and cherry aromas with chocolaty notes.

£15 a bottle. Drink by end of 2015.

2011 Château Les Trois Manoirs, Médoc Cru Borgeois

Medaille d’Or, Concours Géneral Agricole, Paris 2013.
    Gold medal winner, Les Vinalies Internationales Paris, 2013. Gold medal winner, Concours General de Paris, 2013. Silver medal winner, Bettane et Desseauve, 2013

55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc, 3% Petit Verdot and 5% Malbec.

A powerful, very full-bodied, bone-dry deep ruby wine, with aromas of black fruits, liquorice and vanilla oak.

13.5% ABV £18 a bottle.

2010 Château Taffard de Blaignan, Médoc

Gold medal winner Concours National Vignerons Indépendants

50% Merlot and 50% Cabernet Sauvignon

A medium bodied wine having a deep crimson colour with a purple core. Aroma of ripe red fruits, subtle liquorice, mint and cassis.

Beautifully balanced, rounded, ripe and elegant. Firm yet smooth.

13.5% ABV ~ £13 bottle. Drink by end 2016.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread