+ Reply to Thread
Page 440 of 510 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    It’s delicious Grant. Tried the other ‘Bounty’ variety made on the island but nowhere near as good.
    they do a forgotten casks one too..meant to be good.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Edradour
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Old Perth, Cask Strength... long legs on this. About 58% so will need some water.
    Will report.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

powerful stuff and for me at least can take a fair bit of o2.. toffee on nose with alcohol too without water... cherries and sultanas in mouth and a longish, fairly dry finish.
    for price, its pretty decent.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A Glendronach 12 yr old Inc a glass .
    A lovely drop.
    Cheers all
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Kingsbarns Balcomie... young and fruity with a fair bit of spice, but not overpowering and stays smooth enough for a pretty young dram.. not sure age but maybe not much over the 3 years. A little thin for my taste tho..

edit.. a teaspoon od water is a great leveller.. much improved with a 5 minute breathing..

Last edited by struth; 15-08-2022 at 18:28.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Just finished my bottle of Janneau Armagac.

Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Just finished my bottle of Janneau Armagac.

Any good?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes, it's pretty good. I prefer the 'XO' to the 'VSOP', but that seems to be unobtainable in UK liquor shops. It is available on-line for about €55, however I usually try to buy my Janneau in airport duty-free shops.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes, it's pretty good. I prefer the 'XO' to the 'VSOP', but that seems to be unobtainable in UK liquor shops. It is available on-line for about €55, however I usually try to buy my Janneau in airport duty-free shops.
    mom have the vs at 27 notes and the vsop at 35 quid.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...au&size=n_25_n
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread