+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 512 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm guy.

Tamnavulin is a nice malt and Waitrose have it on offer at the moment:
    https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produc...-665312-665313

£22.50, good value - smooth and quite light/easy drinking
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Ian.

Coop online will deliver to local branch for 30p less, which is helpful as waitrose is tricky for me

I'm Ian.

Bought a bottle of Tamnavulin from larger coop for £22
    Also had Cabernet SauvignonTamnavulin for same price

I'm Grant.

they do a reasonable sherry casked one too. sometimes tesco used to sell it cheap as a litre bottle
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    they do a reasonable sherry casked one too. sometimes tesco used to sell it cheap as a litre bottle
    I got a litre of that last week in Asda at £25, not sure how long it’s on offer for, but a lovely dram for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Pulled a bottle off my shelf tonight.
    It's Hazelburn 10 from the Springbank stable.
    This was bought this year, it only comes out occasionally and is sold out immediately.
    I have another, older bottle still in stock .
    Lightly laced with citrus fruits and honey, this is very creamy. Lovely fresh and gingery mouth and good finish. A bit of wood char but no peat to talk of.
    Not many 10yr olds reach this quality.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Having a Glenallahie tonight.
    Bottled by Murray McDavid, this 10 yr old is terrific.

Lots of dried fruit and spices as expected and a bit of orange on lips and tongue after a splash of water. Not cheap this but its truely superb.

This is another bottle from my collection that im reducing due to my age. Im not leaving it all to heathen relatives
    Last edited by struth; 12-03-2022 at 18:21.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

Not tried this but looks an interesting way to get a cheap bottle

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hig...whisky-3903380

I'm Grant.

Another from my collection opened. Dailuaine 13 Year Old 2007 vintage Speyside single malt Scotch whisky. Matured in hogsheads #303256 #303290 bottled November 2020 by Signatory Vintage for the Un-Chillfiltered series.

A different animal this from the last being Bourbon hogsheads. lots of honey, malted barley and at end a bit of after eight mint. a decent finish, and again likes a little water.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

got another 2 bottles of this in as its on offer.. very nice stuff. this one is more sherried than last bottles i had.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread