Page 104 of 510 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Andr'e.

The same colour exactly minus the head ofc

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2010 Château d’Arche, Haut Médoc

Cabernet Sauvignon 45%, Merlot 40% and Cabernet Franc 15%. 13.5% ABV

This wine is signed by Mäher-Besse, whose name and expertise has been associated with Bordeaux fine wines since 1892. This cru Bourgeois is located at the gateway to the Médoc region.

Made with predominantly Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, Châteaux d’Arche is full of character, offering superb length and surprising complexity.

Bordeaux's 2010 vintage took everyone by surprise. No one expected it to equal, let alone better, the superb 2009, yet it did just that. At the top level, the wines reveal beautiful ripeness and elegant structure, with layers of complexity unfolding as they evolve. Here you can enjoy all that without paying the premium for a classed growth. A little property of just nine hectares in the Haut-Médoc, Château d'Arche has been run by the Mähler-Besse family since 1994. Just recently Arche's neighbour, Château Lagune, who makes some of the finest wines of the Haut-Médoc, took ownership and have raised standards yet higher. This fine, barrel aged claret is delicious now but will mature gracefully for years to come.

Aroma: Tightly furled red fruit aromas with hints of liquorice and tobacoo.

Taste: Complex and layered with red and black fruits, minerals and toasty oak.

Can be drunk now but worth laying down to mature. Drink by 2020. Normally £19 a bottle, but Laithwaite’s have it on offer at £17.09.

Superb – I’m going to get myself a case.
    Barry

2009 Château Margerots, Bordeaux Supérieur

Cabernet Franc grape, 12% ABV

With its deep ruby-red colour and crimson tints, Château Margerots offers an expressive bouquet of black fruits and grilled almonds, along with a hint of morello cherry and a note of leather. It is an elegant wine that has both the charm and the class of a great Bordeaux. Rounded and full, it will go well with strong cheeses and red meat dishes.

Medaille d’Argent, Concours de Bordeaux 2011

Available from Tesco £7.50 a bottle, however if bought as a case of 12 it works out at £5 a bottle.

2009 was an exceptional year for Bordeaux, so this offering from Tesco is worth checking out.
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

What are your views on this thread, Barry:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...online-sellers

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martyn.

You can't beat Fuller's ESB ale.
    Had a pint on Sunday...

2013 Château Le Coin, Bordeaux

For anyone who loves a decent claret this is one NOT to miss. Château Le Coin has won gold medals for the fifth vintage in a row. This year, Château Le Coin won Gold at the Concours General de Bordeaux - on its ‘home patch’ so to speak.

Grape: Merlot-based blend
    Style: Full-bodied, rich red
    Drink By: Dec 2017
    Serve at: 18°C
    Alcohol: 13.5% ABV

"Consistently excellent - this Gold medal claret from a family estate is silky with creamy ripe fruit"

At £8.99 a bottle “it tastes like a Saint-Emilion Grand Cru, but at half the price!” Buying a case of 12 will, at £107.88, save you £12.

Since 2009, I have praised Château Le Coin several times on the Forum, so not surprisingly I have bought another case.
    Barry

Barry, if you can get yourself along to Aldi (and/or Lidl), but preferably Aldi, they both have some superb wines (clarets and interesting Italian varieties) in for Christmas, at just stupidly low prices for what they are!

When you go into the store ask for/find their Christmas catalogue ‘Christmas with all the Trimmings’, and go to page 34.

Highlights (for me) are the 2011 Château Chantemerle Médoc Cru Bourgeois, and 2012 Château Grand-Pey-Lescours 2012 St. Émilion Grand Cru, both for a measly £9.99 each

See here:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-ra...lion-grand-cr/

There is also a rather spectacular Paul Chevalier Hermitage 2010, for £19.99 (the kind of thing you’d pay perhaps £30-35 for in a ‘posh vintners’). See here: https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-ra...rmitage-20100/

I’d also recommend the Brunello di Montalcino, if you’ve not had one of those before (think high-end Barolo, but better): https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-ra...ntalcino-2009/

Ideal to have with your Christmas goose! So get yer arse along there, pronto, while stocks last!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I also fancy getting one of these chaps:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-ra...aing-armagnac/

It should be a rather civilised way of rounding off Christmas lunch!

Marco.
    Main System

Barry, when you go to Aldi, the ‘special wines’, as discussed above are NOT in with all the other wines. They’re in the ‘Christmas aisle’, along with all the other festive goodies. Just in case you go there like before and can’t find what you’re looking for

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

i like brandies but my ticker doesnt. the french used to have a dish made with a bird and that stuff. think they drowned it in the stuff....hell of a way to go
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread