+ Reply to Thread
Page 472 of 510 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    today its a glenallachie 12 yr old.. stunning and classic billy walker sherry forward dram.. nose has a bit of proving bread which smooths out to almonds after air... also a bit of banana.

mouthing is typical of the brand but smoother and mor fruity than the 8.. lots of dried fruit, spices, oak etc but blended well with a bit of creamed vanilla, and slides down well with a medium finish.
    superb stuff. this has won a few awards too... not as dark as the 8 either but it has a smoother and deeper sherry taste

Nice dram that one
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    The wife paid but I think around £55 for a litre
    not much dearer here but only a normal bottle, so a very good buy. its meaty tho so watch
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

not much dearer here but only a normal bottle, so a very good buy. its meaty tho so watch
    Will do my best to be careful Grant
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Will do my best to be careful Grant
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Last night tried the Glenfiddich which was a 12 year old, back to gin tonight though Tanqueray 10 .
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

benriach the 12...

a nice whisky for the price. i usually add a drop of o2
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

benriach the 12...

a nice whisky for the price. i usually add a drop of o2
    Tasted that one , very nice
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

knockando 15 now... another lovely malt with a good age at a decent price this... decent sherry base

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

L'Épiphanie Réserve de l'Harmonie Pauillac 2018, Bordeaux

L’Épiphanie de Pauillac hails from Pauillac’s top tier – a Premier Grand Cru Classé estate. There are only three in the appellation: Lafite Rothschild, Mouton Rothschild and Latour, and this wine is from one of them.

L’Épiphanie de Pauillac has blackcurrant, cherry and ripe plum infused with subtle spice, cedar and cigar box notes. These classic aromas combine with firm tannins for a complex wine with a long finish. Can drunk now, but cellaring will pay dividends - drink by end of 2028.

14% ABV £25 a bottle
    Barry

I'm Grant.

got a pack of 3 in my last order all noble rebel from the loch lomond distillery.

the listing says ; Nose: Sweet hay, green apples, and floral honey.. Palate: Malted milk, with more apple, pear, and some waxy orange peel, along with a drizzle of salted caramel.. Finish: Sweet and lingering, with some spiced apple pie.
    its firey but i will say its tasty too in its way, but for me and for 40 quid it needs to be a lot more and a lot more rounded. maybe 30 notes but not 40. still its as i say quite fruity anda bit firey on way down..

they come in odd packs of 3 like this lol
    Suppose it's flat pack?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread