+ Reply to Thread
Page 436 of 510 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    interesting robin. ive not tried it. the 15 is excellent tho. ive another bottle of the 8 tucked away..
    Might upgrade to the 12 year next time.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

one of these tonight... very nic e it is too...very nice...

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Cardhu gold reserve. strawberry jam and oak.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

New bottle arrived today.
    Glenglassaugh revival.

just a drizzle of o2 improves this one so much its hard to think its same dram... superb
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2001 Chateau Musar, Bekka Valley Lebanon

Bought a bottle on a whim from Waitrose.

Was concerned about the fragile state and integrity of the cork (in fact the importers state that the cork must be removed with a 2-prong wine opener).

I didn't have such an opener, so gambled on using my trusty lever corkscrew

Whilst fully saturated, the cork came out in one piece. Next stage was to decant the wine as there was some sediment.

As to the wine itself - well I haven't enjoyed a bottle like this for a long time now. I only wish I had bought a few more at the time.
    I have always had a high regard for Lebanese wine; drinking nothing else during my two visits to Syria.

Although made with Bordeaux grape varietals, Chateau Musar is no claret clone. Wines have been created and enjoyed in the region for 6000 years. It is thought these ancient soils give Musar its seductive exotic aromas and the edge of warm spice to the succulent layers of ripe plum, cherry and blackcurrant.

13.5% ABV, £33 a bottle.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    2001 Chateau Musar, Bekka Valley Lebanon

Bought a bottle on a whim from Waitrose.

Was concerned about the fragile state and integrity of the cork (in fact the importers state that the cork must be removed with a 2-prong wine opener).

I didn't have such an opener, so gambled on using my trusty lever corkscrew

Whilst fully saturated, the cork came out in one piece. Next stage was to decant the wine as there was some sediment.

As to the wine itself - well I haven't enjoyed a bottle like this for a long time now. I only wish I had bought a few more at the time.
    I have always had a high regard for Lebanese wine; drinking nothing else during my two visits to Syria.

Although made with Bordeaux grape varietals, Chateau Musar is no claret clone. Wines have been created and enjoyed in the region for 6000 years. It is thought these ancient soils give Musar its seductive exotic aromas and the edge of warm spice to the succulent layers of ripe plum, cherry and blackcurrant.

13.5% ABV, £33 a bottle.
    sounds delish barry. although 33 notes is a lot for a bottle of wine, its not a lot for a real good un.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Glen Scotia Double Cask.

just arrived, and one of my favs in its price range. Campbeltown whiskies are superb as a rule
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

2020 Chateau Le Coin, Bordeaux

14.5% ABV, £13 a bottle.
    Barry

2020 Reboul Salize, Blaye Cotes de Bordeaux

Christophe Reboul Salze is a big name in Bordeaux. Born in central France, he fell in love with the region's wines in his youth. Arriving in Bordeaux in 1980, he decided to make his passion a career. He gained a decade's experience trading in Grand Cru Classé wines and became director at one of the leading houses. Then started his own négociant business, which remains today a leader in the field. However, he wanted to make wine too, so he purchased three estates in the Right Bank's Premières Côtes de Blaye and the results have been exceptional. This superb claret uses a cuvée from his properties, Châteaux Les Grands Marechaux, Gigault and Belle Coline.

14.5% £16 a bottle.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Tonight’s refreshment choice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i