+ Reply to Thread
Page 400 of 510 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

empire looks like it will be a nice drop. and yeah they are nice, heavy glasses those. i only got one boo hoo
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Aberlour A'bunadh. This is batch 63. And very nice it is.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Berry Bros and Rudd Sherry Cask.
    Looks darker than usual to me and smells great.
    Yes, more sherry in this. Deffo!
    Whao, much more

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

I once went to a dinner at Berry Bros & Rudd - and had some very good wines there. I remember one - though I wish I could recall what it was - but it was only about £17 a bottle, and orders of magnitude better than most wine I've ever sampled.

Is the same true of the whisky, perhaps? I guess that's a personal choice, but it'd be good to have an opinion.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I once went to a dinner at Berry Bros & Rudd - and had some very good wines there. I remember one - though I wish I could recall what it was - but it was only about £17 a bottle, and orders of magnitude better than most wine I've ever sampled.

Is the same true of the whisky, perhaps? I guess that's a personal choice, but it'd be good to have an opinion.
    i drink two of theirs.. this one and their speyside one. both excellent prices and great blends.. maybe shouldnt say this as the price will go up lol. about £28 a bottle.
    obviously single malts tend to be dearer and maybe overall better; well the good ones. but at this price there are few that can get close to these. the black bull ones are top too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i drink two of theirs.. this one and their speyside one. both excellent prices and great blends.. maybe shouldnt say this as the price will go up lol. about £28 a bottle.
    obviously single malts tend to be dearer and maybe overall better; well the good ones. but at this price there are few that can get close to these. the black bull ones are top too
    Maybe I'll add it on to our tasting list, though we've still got enough spirits to propel a car a few hundred miles if the petrol runs out!
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Maybe I'll add it on to our tasting list, though we've still got enough spirits to propel a car a few hundred miles if the petrol runs out!
    certainly worth trying. its not got the depth of a glenfarclas or glendronnach and not as smooth but its way cheaper and is very nice indeed. i really like the speyside one too. completley different
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

just opened another bottle if this too. a bit more expensive but this is a lovely dram. i like it a lot
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

whisky time.. black bull kyloe.. very good this for money

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Tomatin 12yr old. Cheers...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread