+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You can't bring it all with you.

I'm Mike.

Default You can't bring it all with you.

;t bother getting a pension, you won't nee d it, I'm convinced our genes or something other than our conscious minds is aware of our future.
    Last edited by Mikeandvan; 05-04-2021 at 22:49.
    Current system - Garrard 401/Mayware F4 in progress! 1210 GR/Jelco 750/Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amp - Audio Innovations S500. Audio Note J's / QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Have a few yesterday evening? Bit of the old 'deep thought juice'?

Main system
    Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    ATL Audio DC mains trap
    Mac mini running Fidelia
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    AD Audio bespoke balanced valve buffer stage with...
    2x 1959 NOS RCA Red Base black plate 5691s
    Joe Henry-built Pass Labs Aleph 3 Class A power amp
    Reiver Acoustics Edingdales speakers
    BK Double Gem twin 10" subwoofer
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC speaker cable
    Audioquest SLiP Neutrik subwoofer interconnect
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect

Secondary system
    iMac 27"
    Samsung Blu-ray
    Technics TRS cassette deck
    Arcam rDAC
    Arcam A85 integrated amp
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands
    Chord Chameleon interconnects
    Audioquest Evergreen interconnects
    Silver Studio USB interconnect

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    ;t bother getting a pension, you won't nee d it, I'm convinced our genes or something other than our conscious minds is aware of our future.
    No conscious minds present at the time of writing
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated. Audion Silver Night 300b stereo is enjoying a holiday
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

PROTECT your human rights and REFUSE any *MANDATORY* CARAMEL POPCORN and 7UP WITH YOUR JOINT!

I'm Mike.

Going stir crazy in lockdown. No more booze for me.
    Current system - Garrard 401/Mayware F4 in progress! 1210 GR/Jelco 750/Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amp - Audio Innovations S500. Audio Note J's / QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

I'm Gary.

A lot of Us have been in that dark place or close to it my Friend,
    7 months lockdown for me, almost ended up spraypainting the patterns going on inside my head on the lounge wall...

Too easy a place to get back to If we're not careful.

this too shall pass.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 07-04-2021 at 18:41.
    Enjoying hifi 'n stuff...

I'm Grant.

an interesting study, if not peer reviewed... sounds pretty close to truth tho

Drunk Talk Isn’t Just Nonsense, According to Study
    Written by
    Nikki Seay

They say the truth comes out when you’re drunk.

As it turns out, published research proves that statement is surprisingly accurate. When drinking alcohol, the tongue is freed up to say exactly what is in a person’s heart. As blood alcohol levels continue to climb, the responses become increasingly primitive and hostile. In the past, it’s been easy to blame drunk and disturbing behaviors on alcohol, but that’s not cutting it anymore.

Simply put, researchers were able to show that alcohol consumption does not prevent self-control—it just makes people care less about the consequences.
    A Peek Inside the Addicted Brain

Over thousands of years, the human brain has continually evolved and adapted. Under normal circumstances, the brain’s neocortex is responsible for evaluating circumstances and making sound decisions. In the presence of alcohol, however, this feature no longer functions properly. The resulting intoxication causes serious and often disturbing behavioral changes.

Researchers from the University of Missouri College of Arts and Sciences took 67 test subjects and divided them into three proportionate groups. The study participants were blindfolded and asked to drink one of three separate beverages: regular soft drinks, placebo beverages, or vodka-tonics.

Turns out drunk people know they’re making alcohol-induced mistakes, they just don’t care as much.

After downing the designated beverages, participants were asked to complete error recognition tasks on a computer. Turns out drunk people know they’re making alcohol-induced mistakes, they just don’t care as much.
    Is Alcohol Some Kind of Truth Serum?

Alcohol stifles reasoning skills and contemplating repercussions. As a result, people are more likely to tell the truth while intoxicated, offering up brutally honest, unfiltered opinions. And without the fear of consequences, alcohol can give people the courage to do or say things they ordinarily wouldn’t entertain.
    Unexpected Help in the Form of Shame

Like it or not, people are held accountable for what they say…drunk or sober.

One of the worst things about getting drunk is waking up the next morning with no memory of the night’s events. Instead, other people are forced to fill in the blanks and explain how hours of non-stop “brutal honesty” has likely damaged a few friendships beyond repair. Like it or not, people are held accountable for what they say…drunk or sober.

Though it’s hard to see, there is a silver lining in this scenario. For many alcohol-dependent people, an old-fashioned public meltdown is enough to create a “rock bottom.” The resulting humiliation can provide an extra push, encouraging alcoholics to ask for help and seek professional treatment.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. "Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak!"

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Going stir crazy in lockdown. No more booze for me.
    Just need to hang in there a little bit longer Mike, I'm confident things will start to get better. And as soon as humanly (and legally) possible, get out and about in your van. Don't know your family/friends circumstances, but if you find yourself oop north at any point there's a welcome for you here. We might even cook you something but don't let that put you off
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated. Audion Silver Night 300b stereo is enjoying a holiday
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

PROTECT your human rights and REFUSE any *MANDATORY* CARAMEL POPCORN and 7UP WITH YOUR JOINT!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    an interesting study, if not peer reviewed... sounds pretty close to truth tho

Drunk Talk Isn’t Just Nonsense, According to Study
    Written by
    Nikki Seay

They say the truth comes out when you’re drunk.

As it turns out, published research proves that statement is surprisingly accurate. When drinking alcohol, the tongue is freed up to say exactly what is in a person’s heart. As blood alcohol levels continue to climb, the responses become increasingly primitive and hostile. In the past, it’s been easy to blame drunk and disturbing behaviors on alcohol, but that’s not cutting it anymore.

Simply put, researchers were able to show that alcohol consumption does not prevent self-control—it just makes people care less about the consequences.
    A Peek Inside the Addicted Brain

Over thousands of years, the human brain has continually evolved and adapted. Under normal circumstances, the brain’s neocortex is responsible for evaluating circumstances and making sound decisions. In the presence of alcohol, however, this feature no longer functions properly. The resulting intoxication causes serious and often disturbing behavioral changes.

Researchers from the University of Missouri College of Arts and Sciences took 67 test subjects and divided them into three proportionate groups. The study participants were blindfolded and asked to drink one of three separate beverages: regular soft drinks, placebo beverages, or vodka-tonics.

Turns out drunk people know they’re making alcohol-induced mistakes, they just don’t care as much.

After downing the designated beverages, participants were asked to complete error recognition tasks on a computer. Turns out drunk people know they’re making alcohol-induced mistakes, they just don’t care as much.
    Is Alcohol Some Kind of Truth Serum?

Alcohol stifles reasoning skills and contemplating repercussions. As a result, people are more likely to tell the truth while intoxicated, offering up brutally honest, unfiltered opinions. And without the fear of consequences, alcohol can give people the courage to do or say things they ordinarily wouldn’t entertain.
    Unexpected Help in the Form of Shame

Like it or not, people are held accountable for what they say…drunk or sober.

One of the worst things about getting drunk is waking up the next morning with no memory of the night’s events. Instead, other people are forced to fill in the blanks and explain how hours of non-stop “brutal honesty” has likely damaged a few friendships beyond repair. Like it or not, people are held accountable for what they say…drunk or sober.

Though it’s hard to see, there is a silver lining in this scenario. For many alcohol-dependent people, an old-fashioned public meltdown is enough to create a “rock bottom.” The resulting humiliation can provide an extra push, encouraging alcoholics to ask for help and seek professional treatment.
    I cannot tell a lie............................................... ..............................It was Grant..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    A lot of Us have been in that dark place or close to it my Friend,
    7 months lockdown for me, almost ended up spraypainting the patterns going on inside my head on the lounge wall...

Too easy a place to get back to If we're not careful.

this too shall pass.
    I think we should have another year of full 100% lockdown...bring it on...I'm saving a fortune......
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Just need to hang in there a little bit longer Mike, I'm confident things will start to get better. And as soon as humanly (and legally) possible, get out and about in your van. Don't know your family/friends circumstances, but if you find yourself oop north at any point there's a welcome for you here. We might even cook you something but don't let that put you off
    Cheers Steve, I'll bring a bottle or two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast