+ Reply to Thread
Page 477 of 512 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 5114

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Can't recall what I paid for them tbh. Not as much as they can go for now, even from purveyors.

I'm not drinking now anyways so they will just sit there, hopefully going up in price
    I assumed you were not drinking currently, lack of posts, the price will go up for a bit until the bubble bursts or people learn that there’s lots of good whisky out there.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Robin.

Latest additions to the whisky bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

good. not tried the balblair but the other 2 are good. my sis in law used to go to raasay regular..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

good. not tried the balblair but the other 2 are good. my sis in law used to go to raasay regular..

looking forward to couple of drams later
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Hope to read your thoughts
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    looking forward to couple of drams later
    how did you get on with those robin?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

how did you get on with those robin?
    Only tasted the BalBair so far, very nice and smooth, good value for money as well, also had a couple Deanston virgin Oak which again is decent.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm openingabottleofwine.

By way of a change (!):

2020 Madirazza Plavac Mali

SubRegion: Srednja i južna Dalmacija
    Appellation: Pelješac

Plavac Mali is a well-known red wine grape in its homeland of Croatia, providing the basis of many of the nation's most sought-after red wines. It is one of Croatia's most planted varieties.

Plavac Mali is known for producing dense and robust reds with black cherry flavors and notes of pepper, smoke and spice. They are often quite high in alcohol and tannins, and have excellent aging capabilities, a trait not often seen in Croatian wine.

The variety's name comes from the appearance of the grapes: mali means small, while plavac – a prefix given to several Croatian varieties – refers to the blue color of the berries. These are small and thick-skinned with high sugar concentration, giving structured, tannic wines that are sometimes produced with a little residual sugar to provide a softening effect.

13% ABV, Roughly Ł6 a bottle.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    By way of a change (!):

2020 Madirazza Plavac Mali

SubRegion: Srednja i južna Dalmacija
    Appellation: Pelješac

Plavac Mali is a well-known red wine grape in its homeland of Croatia, providing the basis of many of the nation's most sought-after red wines. It is one of Croatia's most planted varieties.

Plavac Mali is known for producing dense and robust reds with black cherry flavors and notes of pepper, smoke and spice. They are often quite high in alcohol and tannins, and have excellent aging capabilities, a trait not often seen in Croatian wine.

The variety's name comes from the appearance of the grapes: mali means small, while plavac – a prefix given to several Croatian varieties – refers to the blue color of the berries. These are small and thick-skinned with high sugar concentration, giving structured, tannic wines that are sometimes produced with a little residual sugar to provide a softening effect.

13% ABV, Roughly Ł6 a bottle.
    Dont think I have tasted wine from Croatia, but the price looks great.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I knew that Croatia, and the whole of the Dalmation coast (including Albania) was a wine producing region, but it was not until I visited there recently did I have a chance to sample, and bring back a few bottles.

Not only is the wine of excellent quality, but it is cheap, often less than €10. Of course there are some regions and vinyards that have a very good reputation, and for these one can pay €50-60 a bottle.

We drank mostly red wine, but as seafood is very popular in Croatia, having a long coastline, we did try a couple of whites. One of which was

2021 Graševina Vina Belje

Premium Graševina is Belje’s most important wine. It reflects the full potential of Baranya’s vineyards, is widely available to customers due to its price and regularly declared by the Croatian media to be exceptional value for money. Belje’s Premium Graševina is an original wine which exhibits a blend of citrus aromas (tangerine and grapefruit) with touches of green apple and a very strong minerality. The long aftertaste features both a light almondy bitterness and the specific chamomile taste so typical of the Eastern Croatian dry Graševina wines.

Premium Graševina is usually served with smoked meat, roast chicken, roast turkey or grilled pork chops. We at Belje believe, though, that its gastronomic potential is much wider and recommend it with premium freshwater fish like zander, premium sea fish like sea bass, and sole, and small sea fish like sardines.

12.5% ABV and about €7 a bottle.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread