+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 510 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 5100

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm jamie.

im not a big drinker,3 pints and im anybody's. the pain killer thread has made me think id like to try a glass or 2 of something nice to unwind after a hard day at work.
    i cant drink red wine it tastes awful to me,its not price dependent either.
    whiskey i can drink with ginger ale.
    what would you guys recommend for me to try?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

no point in buying good whisky like a malt if your gonna blaspheme into it with ginger ale . any whisky within reason will do for that. Maybe a nice vodka like ciroc its drinkable straight or with a mixerand wont give you a sore head.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

ha ha,now vodka i can drink
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mark.

I drink beer and wine but recently anything with any amount of fizz in it affects my digestive system adversely. Does anyone know if it is possible to get flat (still?) bottled beer in the shops - I rarely visit pubs these days. At the moment I'm restricting myself to wine but would like a bit of variety in my boozing. Cheers.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    I drink beer and wine but recently anything with any amount of fizz in it affects my digestive system adversely. Does anyone know if it is possible to get flat (still?) bottled beer in the shops - I rarely visit pubs these days. At the moment I'm restricting myself to wine but would like a bit of variety in my boozing. Cheers.
    maybe something like belhaven best, or guinness. John smith best too.. I had to drink these for some time as I couldnt take gas either
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    maybe something like belhaven best, or guinness. John smith best too.. I had to drink these for some time as I couldnt take gas either
    Not a great fan of JS but will give the Belhaven a try if I can sniff it out. Cheers.

I'm jamie.

no point in buying good whisky like a malt if your gonna blaspheme into it with ginger ale . any whisky within reason will do for that. Maybe a nice vodka like ciroc its drinkable straight or with a mixerand wont give you a sore head.
    ive got myself a bottle of grey goose to try tonight
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    ive got myself a bottle of grey goose to try tonight
    Thats nice stuff... Distilled from grapes... Had a bottle a couple of yers ago for a n years bottle and I ended up drinking it all myself Nice straight too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

Thats nice stuff... Distilled from grapes... Had a bottle a couple of yers ago for a n years bottle and I ended up drinking it all myself Nice straight too
    ive just tried it straight,no chance!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Neil.

Default Wine, Whisky and Real Ale Recommendations

Belhaven are doing a grapefruit IPA at M&S, lovely. They chop and throw in whole grapefruits to the brew.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread