+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 510 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Nobody.

O well off the booze didnt last long, three bottles of Red, killer juice at 14%, great stuff very slight taste of Athlete's foot yum yum,

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

How long is not long? I'm currently on the wagon again, don't reckon it will last long either! That said, I am making a concerted effort to cut down so I will still limit myself to weekends. Even so, I could never manage 3 bottles of red without - that's insane, dude!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    O well off the booze didnt last long, three bottles of Red, killer juice at 14%, great stuff very slight taste of Athlete's foot yum yum,

Should of gone for the 2004 André. More of 'rugby player jock-strap' with only a hint of 'athlete's foot'.

I'm expecting to be prescribed some antibiotics and will have to be off the sauce (why?). Tonight with a home made dinner of beef stroganoff with wild rice, in my own mushroom sauce, carrots, broccolli, sugarsnap peas, fine beans and sauteed red pepper, I've been slurping a 2006 Tarragona.

2006 Gran Monasterio de Santa Cruz. 60% Monastrell and 40% Granachia. The latter being unusual for a Tarragona, usually known for the use of Tempranello grapes.
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Even so, I could never manage 3 bottles of red without - that's insane, dude!
    Just small sips (till the wife goes to bed)

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Should of gone for the 2004 André. More of 'rugby player jock-strap' with only a hint of 'athlete's foot'.
    That's funny, I had that one, and mine tasted more of fusty tart’s saddle-bag, with a hint of stagnant helmet froth and beaver musk...

Perhaps mine was corked?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Craig.

I promised the wife to halve my drinking, so I did.

Now, instead of having a gin and tonic, I just have the gin!

As a certain meerkat once said "Simples!"

As for real ale, there are a fair few brewing wonderful blonde bitter in the East Midlands, two examples : Nottingham Brewery and Rock Bitter and EPA (their version of an IPA), and
    Castle Rock and Harvest Pale.

I'm Dave.

I normally go for a good glugger at no less than 13%. Anything less seems a waste of money!

Australian wine normally provides the necessary kick but most new world wines will do. and at around £4.50 or less from my local Indian shop it always hits the spot.

I like a Shiraz or a Merlot with a curry and maybe a cheeky cab/sav with beans on toast. Either way its usually a 2-3 bottle night when I'm not working. much cheaper than the local boozer which can easily be a £35 event.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

Either way its usually a 2-3 bottle night when I'm not working.
    Wow... You can drink 2-3 bottles of WINE a night???

That's serious alchy shit, dude!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I drink the equivalent of around a bottle of whiskey every evening Marco As long as you restrict it to the evening it doesn't appear to do too much harm, i don't even get hangovers Been at it for 14 years now with only a few breaks of a day or so, i think the record was 5 days & only due to medication that should have had a seriously adverse reaction with alcohol. Turns out that was a load of cobblers to

I can't say i'm proud of it, i'm just used to it.
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Mmm... It's your body and your life, mate, but whatever way you cut it, that ain't good for you.

I'm afraid that all this is an alien world to me, as I only drink is 2-3 glasses of wine occasionally with some meals, and the odd beer, now and again!

Each to his or her own, but I'm definintely more of a 'quality over quantity' person, when it comes to alcohol. I guess it's the way I've been brought up, and also how people live in Italy

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread