+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REVIEW - APTITLIG Board + Hifi Accoustic Spikes - PT 2

I'm Andrew.

Default REVIEW - APTITLIG Board + Hifi Accoustic Spikes - PT 2

I wrote a small review with regards the APTITLIG bamboo chopping board several weeks ago. I'd always wondered if more could be gained by adding a decent set of spiked feet and the ability to level the board. I promptly bought a nice set of spiked feet from Hifi Accoustic in Japan for about £22 delivered. The chopping board needs slightly modding in that you'll have to drill x4 12mm holes, one each corner and then superglue each spike into place. They can be purchased from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SSS02-HiFi...IAAOSwo4pYQuGu

Once modded the board should look like this.

I choose to review my Technics 1210 alongside some reference vinyl that I use.

The platter on the 1210 is level.

The 1210 sitting on it's swanky new spiked isolation board.

Installing the spikes proved to be a revelation. I listened to several pieces of Iron Maiden and noticed an increased 3D character to Steve Harris bass playing. Low level listening suddenly sounded very detailed indeed something which my 1210 wasn't so good with. Bass also seemed to have slightly more heft and a slightly faster transient attack. I additionally noted that the 1210 seemed to develop slightly more poise to it's presentation and that I seemed to have more time to see into each track. The speed and attack of several tracks seemed to have moved up another notch and I found myself staring at the deck thinking that's not quite how I remember that track. I would say that the level of microdetail has moved up slightly and I did have several occasions where Powerslave and Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner threw up several previously unheard nuances in that Nicko Mcbrain's cymbals appeared to have slightly more sparkle and shimmer. I noticed the very same improvements whilst listening to several Judas Priest albums. All in all for £21 and a few pence I'm extremely happy to recommend the spikes as a worthwhile cheap upgrade, I like the spikes so much that my Lenco 75 has also recieved the treatment. Your not going to see a night and day improvement but one which I think is Linear to the amount of money you'll pay for the spikes.

Thanks for reading

A.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Looking good , and sounding good too , by the looks of things Andy . Thanks for the link to the adjustable spikes mate .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Dave.

I use acrylic semispheres under my bamboo boards. I found subtle differences with the acrylic Not directly under the equipment feet. Be interesting if you placed your spikes Not under your equipment feet.

I'm Gary.

Buy the Aptitlig direct from IKEA, much cheaper than eBay .

I'm Grant.

B and M stores locally had big bamboo boards at a good price. If anyone has a shop nearby
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

I use the smaller version of the boards under amp/mac mini. When I had a Ming Da Piccolo it hummed a bit on the oak TV unit it was on but a board with just those felt furniture feet under eliminated the problem When I switched amp to a Wyred4Sound MiNT there was no hum but using the board there seemed to be minor improvements in focus and detail. Also work well under my speakers. Cheap enough to experiment with and if they don't work you can put them in the kitchen

I'm Neil.

I wouldn't say it's an isolation method though, because those spikes will couple, not decouple. The isolation is provided by those Isonoe feet on the Technics.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread