+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SJS Arcadia Model 7 Line Pre-amplifier

I'm Neil.

Default SJS Arcadia Model 7 Line Pre-amplifier

Absolutely stunning, less is more. Cottage industry is just the best IMHO. Best of luck SJS.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

montesquieu Guest

Indeed this is really gorgeous.

I like my EAR 912 but it's very utilitarian in its execution. By comparison this is a work of art.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Absolutely stunning, less is more. Cottage industry is just the best IMHO. Best of luck SJS.
    Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Indeed this is really gorgeous.

I like my EAR 912 but it's very utilitarian in its execution. By comparison this is a work of art.
    Thanks for the comments.

I continue to be inspired by the original Model 1 & Model 2 amps which come back after 20 years in the field for servicing, and aspire to build new amps which will retain their appeal and musicality in a similar way.
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

I'm Simon.

Default SJS Arcadia Model 7 in dark star black

Busy during lockdown and ready to bounce back with the new dark star version of the SJS Arcadia Model 7 linestage preamplifier

Standard and Enhanced versions are now on demonstration at Definitive Audio in Nottingham
    Last edited by sjs; 14-10-2020 at 15:00.
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.

I'm Simon.

A new SJS Arcadia Model 7 Enhanced valve linestage preamplifier ready for delivery to Definitive Audio.

The first amplifier sporting our new super high grade mains transformer with copper plated frames.

Enhanced version in black with choke loaded triode gain stage, Duelund CAST capacitors and pure silver wiring throughout.

Each one is hand built to order and can arrive with your choice of finish for the front panel and dials.

Which to choose?

They look great, but I suspect sadly out of my price range new. If anything like your original Ver 1 and 2 they will hold their value really well even second hand in the future.

I recently borrowed a old Ver 1 and 1.5 and hopefully will be owner of one of them in the not too distance future.
    Paul.

I'm Simon.

Thanks for the comments Paul.

I fully support the original Model 1 and 2 amps, and the upgraded Model "1.5" amps, for service, repairs and upgrades.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123