+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: question about stanley beresford and his products

Default question about stanley beresford and his products

I am looking to buy a new dac and given my budget, beresford dacs were considered. However I am more concerned about the man behind this brand and his practices and how that relates to the product.

I found out through a google search that he was posting from a number of hidden names pretending to be someone else but an ip check confirmed that it was Stanley Beresford. Firstly this is unprofessional and hardly encouraging for me to buy his products.

I dont want to be quick to judge I have only stated facts so far, but I would like other peoples opinions about this particular situation. I do remember reading Stanley making some claims that his dacs were similar to the Chord dac64 or ones costing £5000. Again this issue is controversial but can I ask for some unbiased views?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Jim,

Before we go any further, could you please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself to our members? This procedure is required for all new members joining our community.

Use other threads there as a template for what info is required (location, system, music tastes, etc).

After that we'll continue this discussion, providing that you're here for a constructive purpose and not simply to stick the boot into one of our most established and respected members by bringing up past events of which Stan was not guilty.

Anyway, please do not contribute any further to this thread until you have complied with my above request.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    I am looking to buy a new dac and given my budget, beresford dacs were considered. However I am more concerned about the man behind this brand and his practices and how that relates to the product.

I found out through a google search that he was posting from a number of hidden names pretending to be someone else but an ip check confirmed that it was Stanley Beresford. Firstly this is unprofessional and hardly encouraging for me to buy his products.

I dont want to be quick to judge I have only stated facts so far, but I would like other peoples opinions about this particular situation. I do remember reading Stanley making some claims that his dacs were similar to the Chord dac64 or ones costing £5000. Again this issue is controversial but can I ask for some unbiased views?
    Hi Jim, rest assured that I shall refund you your money the moment I receive your order.
    As for the google search you did: The UK libel laws are quite friendly and I have been considering taking that website to the cleaners. They did after all forget to mention that they asked me for a massive injection of cash into their personal bank account, which I promptly refused. Since then they have waged a character assassination charge against me. I have no doubt that other manufacturers just give in and pay them the product placement bribes, and get very favourable reviews in return. Even if the goods are soiled.

Marco, now that I have introduced myself can we resume this discussion?

I shall be watching this thread very carefully!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Marco is it not possible to contact you privately?

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Marco, now that I have introduced myself can we resume this discussion?
    Hi Jim,

Only if it revolves around the product (i.e Beresford DACs) and not Stanley the person and his so-called 'activities' elsewhere.

AOS is not remotely interested in discussing libellous issues which have been raised on other forums. Therefore any material of this nature will be removed without further warning.

Marco.
    Main System

Marco is it not possible to contact you privately?
    What for, Jim?

Marco.
    Main System

I understand this is a delicate subject which potentially involves defamation of the person and I dont wish to take the discussion in that direction. However as a potential customer I would like to hear what Stanley and others have to say and hopefully people will be honest and unbiased.

I'm Neil.

Must say I am a bit concerned about this thread and Jim's vagueness in the welcome section of the forum. Its also imho a bit much to have a go at a valuable member of a forum in your first posts.

Having listened to Stans 7510 dac I can state that it is exceptionally good for the money and being honest again imho/e the Chord Dac is not that good (though it depends on which version we are discussing, as the more recent versions are better than the early ones..again imho/e). Just to set the record strait I like Chord (I own a Chord phono stage and a Chord One Cd player). However at the time the Dac 64 first came out it was imho a flawed product (something Stereophile commented on at the time), its XLR out put was way to high for many inputs on amplifiers, and the sound was harsh, relentless and not particularly musical. Stereophile rated the MF Dac (senior moment can't remember the model number..the one before the Tri-vista..I have owned both by the way)as being better something I confirmed for myself at the time about 6 years ago.

Stans products are excellent imho/e, and offer incredible value for money.

Regards D S D L
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 12-02-2010 at 16:42.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast