+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Off on my travels

I'm sorted.

They suffer from quite severe coastal erosion, here are some houses that’ll probably be gone next year. Most of one of their main tourist attractions, Blackgang Chine, has fallen in the sea.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I sort of prefer run down and seedy if the alternative to that is Disneyfication.
    Me to. As a postgraduate, I spent some time living in Herne Bay in Kent. I wouldn't say it was seedy, but it had seen better days as a seaside resort.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Me to. As a postgraduate, I spent some time living in Herne Bay in Kent. I wouldn't say it was seedy, but it had seen better days as a seaside resort.
    I know Herne Bay well. The family's other house is in the Bishopstone part. If I had my way we'd flog it and head west (but not to a 'touristy' bit).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

Default Off on my travels

Yep

Sitting in the bar - that’s my room

I'm Grant.

a boozy start then hope it stays nice...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    a boozy start then hope it stays nice...
    Thanks Grant. Few more pics

I'm Grant.

not burntisland anyways lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I don't think it's Llandudno. Can't see the Punch & Judy anywhere.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

i'll go for tenerife
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i'll go for tenerife
    Been a while since I was here, just checking it out for old time’s sake, used to come here with my late partner. Back to the Caribbean in September

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast