+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Off on my travels

I'm Steve.

Like a hi-tech Easter egg hunt
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm sorted.

Conwy

I'm Martin.

These are all the places we used to go on holiday in the 1970s. A week in Llandudno every year.

Walk up the Orme because 'The tram costs money.' I think we only went on it the once.

There used to be a café half-way up, we'd always ask if we could stop for an orange juice. No chance - 'It costs the earth in those places.'

And there was the 'Happy Valley' - loads of pensioners sat in deck chairs waiting for Norman Wisdom to come on. We didn't know who he was.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Phil.

ah love Conwy, walked round the walls recently . lovely views and great place to be
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm sorted.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Conwy

I had a very good friend who lived in Gyffin just outside of Conwy, so visited the place dozens of times.

Regarding the "smallest house in the UK", I have often wondered why visiting tourists don't ask why the house is so narrow when there is plenty of room to build on the left? The answer of course is that the buildings there were demolished years ago.
    Last edited by Barry; Yesterday at 08:47. Reason: Spelling
    Barry

I'm Martin.

I have been in the smallest house but I was about four at the time so it didn't actually seem that small to me and I wondered what all the fuss was about.

I also bought - or got bought a - 'Lego' petrol station in a newsagent in the street that runs past the castle.

I don't have it anymore, and I don't want to look up what they sell for now but it's probably about a million quid. Or a bit less.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I have been in the smallest house but I was about four at the time so it didn't actually seem that small to me and I wondered what all the fuss was about.

I also bought - or got bought a - 'Lego' petrol station in a newsagent in the street that runs past the castle.

I don't have it anymore, and I don't want to look up what they sell for now but it's probably about a million quid. Or a bit less.
    Lego petrol stations will no longer have pumps, just charging points. So yeah, yours would be worth a few bob now. Might still be worth getting a 'Lego ev station' and putting it away until after the government decides battery cars have taken us down a cul de sac. No idea what 'Hydrogen Lego' will look like though.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm sorted.

I'm sorted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223