+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logic Tempo/Datum Turntable query

I'm Susan.

Marco

Bought a pair of Leema Xeros. WOW!!!

They are tiny but sound fantastic and I know will get better when run in. They can also be bi-amped, additional power amp will not arrive until end of next week but it sounds so good now that I do not mind the wait.

I have also ordered a pair of super dreadnoughts which also will not arrive until next week so they are plonked on some sound orgish stands.

I have taken some photos see below.

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Susan

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Susan,

Glad you're enjoying the Leemas and the DL-110. You seem to have got it going along nicely. No problem with the advice - that's what we're here for

Enjoy your tunes!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Leema are really making a name for themselves these days, particularly with their new CD players.

Glad you like the Zeros Susan. Next thing to add is a Tri-Vista 21 DAC - really perks up the A3.5CD.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Susan.

I have a 'Citypulse 7.2' DAC in a box somewhere.

Any point in giving that a try?

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie0093 View Post
    I have a 'Citypulse 7.2' DAC in a box somewhere.

Any point in giving that a try?
    Yeah! I've never heard of it but you just never know, it could make all the difference. The weakest point on the A3.5 is the clock so it may make all the difference.

It never hurts to experiment, unless you're in prison and your cellmate is named 'Olaf the Cucumber'.

Atacama SE24 stands

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Actually, I've just looked up the Citypulse 7.2, seems like a nice DAC. Definitely give it a whirl and post your results!

Information on the Citypulse 7.2

Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Susan.

Will give it a try.

Will have to get a new optical link as gave my spare to next doors lad for his ps3!

Been having a mooch around the various topics on here, glad to note a number of fellow 'Cat Appreciation Society' members. I share a house with my sister and we provide accommodation to a total of 7 rescue cats. Will post some pics, 1 of them (Yes you Minnie!) has taken to sleeping on my turntable cover!

S

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, Susan. Cats are cool. We have three rescue cats, one of which, 'Jet' is lying beside me as I type this

Let's see some pics of your moggies!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie0093 View Post
    Will give it a try.

Will have to get a new optical link as gave my spare to next doors lad for his ps3!
    You could always use a spare interconnect and connect the DAC via coaxial.

Should work ok with a normal interconnect, even better with a digital interconnect.

Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Susan.

Found the DAC.

The NVA power amps also arrived this week so spent most of this afternoon wiring thing together.

First impressions, through the CD, are more of everything, in a very good enjoyable way.

I will try out some vinyl next.

Pictures will be posted shortly of cats and hi-fi.

Susan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast