+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a System pic........

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    I thought it was a Vaseline job too!
    Welcome
    I have an unfinished project where I am trying to modify a flatbed scanner to take digital photos. I tried to make a lens for it with a ohp lens but it didn't work so decide I needed a large format camera to adapt to take the scanner as a digital back ... But can't afford one... Anyway that's prob for a different forum
    You could always do photograms! And in colour as well.

If you let me know the dimensions of your scanner, I can calculate the required focal length required for various angles of view.

Regards
    Barry

I'm David.

Been through all that Barry, in fact the photogram idea was where I originally got the idea, I then discovered that there is a chap in America who does quite a lot of photography with a type of canon scanner. I bought a few of them and succeded temporarily in getting the thing to work without the lid down then I managed to remove the lens that focuses the sensor for such close scanning Then only came unstuck trying to use the ohp lens! Aparently it is basically possible with a magnifying glass lens but I put the project on old when I broke my second attempt... Il get back to it!
    The focal lengths are the same as they would be with the large format camera The most suitable size was 10x8 so a normal lens is around 300mm
    as for a normal lens if I wa to make the box it's self.. Well I don't think I would be to worried beond just getting it to work... Cheers though Barry
    Last edited by The Vinyl Adventure; 07-01-2010 at 21:06.
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Beek.

Default Question for Hamish

I see in your avatar a Nikon body is that a D-3 also is that what you are using now? Thanx

I'm David.

I use a d3 and 700 for work yes, tempted to upgrade to an d3s but I think il wait for the next gen
    you into your photography too?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Beek.

Default Nikon

Thanx for the reply. I am still analog F-100's & saving my pennies for a D700, MB-10.......

I'm David.

F100, good camera! We have a few photographers here, a couple if whom are very much still film users!
    Good to see someone using the correct brand of slr though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12