+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Coming Soon to a TV Near You

I'm ChrisB.

It's Nick Drake Night tonight!

21:00–22:30 The Songs of Nick Drake: Way to Blue
    Modern day troubadours present their own interpretations of Nick Drake's songs.

22:30–23:20 Nick Drake: A Skin Too Few
    Profile of Nick Drake, who died in 1974 but whose three albums have been very influential. (R)

23:20–00:20 Guitar Heroes at the BBC
    Part VI
    6/6. With the Who, the Faces, Focus, Davy Graham, Ralph McTell, Nils Lofgren and Ted Nugent. (R)

.......then the Nick Drake programmes start again at twenty past midnight

I'm ILOB.

The nick drakee doc is great Good call Chris
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Neil.

The concert is on at the moment very nice..dare I say it but so far a few of the covers have been better than the originals especially Lisa Hanrigans version of At the chime of a City Clock...beautiful.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    The concert is on at the moment very nice..dare I say it but so far a few of the covers have been better than the originals especially Lisa Hanrigans version of At the chime of a City Clock...beautiful.

Regards D S D L
    Haha I stay hidden for awhile
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Graeme.

"Time has told me" got thoroughly murdered though....
    PLEASE CALL ME GREZ!

Manticore Mantra TT circa 1986 c/w Linn Basik+ Arm and Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge; Cyrus CD8SE CD player 2009; Onix OA-21 amplifier circa 1985; Celestion DL4 speakers, 1985; Apollo Speaker Stands 1987; Sound Organisation Rack 1992.

I'm colin.

Had to watch it twice i enjoyed it so much. Pink moon duet was the highlight for me

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I was disappointed - at best it was a 'curate's egg'. It all seemed to be done with misplaced reverence.

Agree that 'At the Chime of a City Clock' and 'Pink Moon', were done well, also the instrumental duet between Danny Thompson and the pianist (Zoe sombody?)

The programme did however encourage me to go and play the originals.

Regards
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Dr Feelgood / Ian Dury / Stiff Records

21:00–22:50 Oil City Confidential: Dr Feelgood
    Director Julien Temple celebrates the early Seventies Essex rhythm and blues band.

22:50–23:50 Sight and Sound in Concert Dr Feelgood and Ian Dury
    Ian Dury and the Blockheads, Chaz Jankel and Dr Feelgood perform at Queen Mary College.

23:50–01:20 If It Ain't Stiff
    Adrian Edmondson narrates a documentary chronicling the story of Stiff Records.

......then it's the Dr. Feelgood doc. again at 01:20

I'm Graeme.

Looks like a good night's viewing.
    PLEASE CALL ME GREZ!

Manticore Mantra TT circa 1986 c/w Linn Basik+ Arm and Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge; Cyrus CD8SE CD player 2009; Onix OA-21 amplifier circa 1985; Celestion DL4 speakers, 1985; Apollo Speaker Stands 1987; Sound Organisation Rack 1992.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

At 9:00 tonight, 'Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Runnin' Down a Dream'. A four hour long profile of the man and his band by Peter Bogdanovich. Hope there isn't too much 'talking heads'.

If you think four hours' worth is just too much to take in: why not watch Scartlett Johansson in the film 'The Island' on ITV2 until 11:40, then tune to BBC4?

Regards
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast