+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Coming Soon to a TV Near You

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Tonight on BBC4:

10.45 The Joy of the Guitar Riff

A look at the development of the virtual DNA of rock ‘n’ roll over the last 60 years of popular music, from Chuck Berry through to the White Stripes.

11.45 Great Guitar Riffs at the BBC

Grab your air guitar for this compilation of clips with performances from the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Cream, AC/DC, Radiohead and the Smiths.
    Barry

Tonight on BBC4:

9.00 A Pink Floyd Miscellany 1967 - 2005

"Footage from throughout the band's career, including performance of Arnold Layne, Another Brick in the Wall (Part Two), Granchester Medows and Cymbaline. Plus footage from Live 8."

10.00 Play it Loud: the Story of the Marshall Amp

"Charting the history of the Marshall amplifier, from its creation in the early 1960s to its adoption by a host of rock musicians. Featuring contributions from Pete Townshend, Lemmy and Slash"

11.00 Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here

"The creation of the band's ninth studio album Wish You Were Here, which was released in 1975. With contributions by Roger Walters, David Gilmour and Nick Mason."
    Barry

I'm Dan.

Beat me to it.............
    Receiver
    1980 Yamaha CR 2020
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Rogers LS7

Secondary
    Sony HCD SD1 Receiver with built in CD Player
    Mordaunt Short MS10
    Sony SA CS1 Subwoofer

Apologies for the late notification, but once again BBC4 have come up with the goods with their music-themed Fridays.

7.30 Sounds of the Sixties

The arrival of the so-called beat boom in 1964, which catered to the art-school craze for rhythm and blues. Featuring archived music by Tom Jones, the Kinks and the Rolling Stones.

8.00 Gershwin’s Summertime: the Song That Conquered the World

How the song Summertime became a standard around the world, from its first appearance in 1935 opera Porgy and Bess to recording by artists including Billie Holliday, Janis Joplin, Mahalia Jackson, Miles Davis and Ella Fitzgerald.

9.00 Sound of Song
    New Series. The Recording Revolution

Compose and musician Neil Brand investigates how songs were recorded for the first time, the listening revolution that followed and the crooner style of singing brought about by the arrival of the microphone.

10.00 …Sings the Great American Songbook

A compilation of archive performances of hits composed by American songwriters including Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, Johnny Mercer and Harold Arlen. Featuring music by Shirley Bassey, Bryan Ferry, Captain Sensible, Jamie Cullum and Florence and the Machine.

11.00 Blues at the BBC

Archive footage of blues performances from the past 50 years. Featuring famous songs by Son House, the Kinks, BB King, John Lee Hooker and Eric Clapton.

12 midnight … Sings Bacharach and David!

Archive performances of songs penned by Burt Bacharach and Hal David, including Aretha Franklin.
    Barry

Thumbs up Another excellent Friday night's viewing on BBC4

Another excellent evening of music and music related programmes on BBC4 tonight:

7.30 Concerto at the BBC proms
    Julian Bliss performs Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A at the 2006 Proms.

8.00 The Joy of Mozart
    Tom Service travels to Vienna and Saltzburg to explore the life and times of 18th-century composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

9.00 Sound of Song
    2/3 Reeling and Rocking

Musician Neil Brand explores the elements that come together to make classic songs by re-crearing some of the most famous recording sessions in history, analysing features such as Elvis Presley's slapback echo effect in Memphis, and the Beatles' tape loops at Abbey Road.

10.00 Elvis: That's All Right 60 Years On
    Actor and musician Sam Palladio hosts a musical tribute to Elvis Presley, first shown in August, 60 years after the artist recorded his first single That's All Right at Sun Studios in Memphis, Tennesse.

11.00 The Beatles' Please Please Me - Remaking a Classic
    Stereophonics, Joss Stone, Graham Coxon, Gabriel Aplin, Chris Difford and Mick Hucknell re-create the 12-hour recording sessions for the Beatles' first LP at Abbey Road, attempting to keep to the band's original timescale.

12 midnight Mowtown at the BBC, featuring Diane Ross

1.00am Sound of Song

2.00 Elvis: That's All Right 60 Years On

3.00 - 3.55am The Beatles' Please Please Me - Remaking a Classic
    Barry

I'm Mark.

Sound of Song is certainly worth a watch I saw it first time around and will be recording the Elvis
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Depeche Mode at the BBC

Just to revive this thread, and a 'heads up' for all Depeche Mode fans (count me in), and also Andre!

BBC4 tonight (tomorrow, really) at 12.30am: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l6sm2

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andre.

No worrie si already knew

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Coolz... Just checkin!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ian.

Thanks for that Marco, I'll be watching. Construction time again is still one of my favourite albums.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast