+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Coming Soon to a TV Near You

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Tonight 5th March starts with Schubert then the rest of the night is dedicated to Heavy metal so get out the air guitars
    Personally I always prefer to play an air keyboard (a la Keith Emerson)
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Martin.

Tonight 5th March starts with Schubert then the rest of the night is dedicated to Heavy metal so get out the air guitars
    Anyone see this? (the Heavy Metal stuff not the Schubert). Great anecdote from Sabbath about playing 'Warpigs' to the Vietnam vets. Sabbath were so far ahead of their time it was unreal. Especailly for working class blokes from Brummage.

Also the bloke who made his air guitar from a sheet of plywood: 'I didn't put frets on it because that would be taking the piss.'
    Last edited by Macca; 06-03-2010 at 10:34. Reason: spell
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm ILOB.

Yes I used to go to the Bandwagon so some memories for me. Great to see Brian from Diamond Head one of the nicest guys you could meet
    At times very Spinal Tap but thats part of the magic of metal
    Agree about Sabbath
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ChrisB.

Yes, it rather influenced my choice of listening this morning.........

..........Wazoo wanders off muttering something about Fairies in Boots

I'm ILOB.

Just watched the Maiden doc. One of the things I love about metal is for a lot of fans its more important than work Its the place where people who usually feel a bit on the outside can belong and there is real power in that.
    For me going to my first metal gig was a bit like that it was like a religious experience a place I felt I belonged and totally immersed myself in the music
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm Dan.

For me going to my first metal gig was a bit like that it was like a religious experience a place I felt I belonged and totally immersed myself in the music
    What was yours?
    Mine was Black Sabbath

I'm ILOB.

AC/DC at Hammersmith with Bon Scott on vocals; but the gig that really did it for me was seeing Diamond Head at Woolwich the night after the Woolwich riots I sometimes still talk about this one with my friend Bruce

I'm ChrisB.

21:00–22:30 Blues Britannia: Can Blue Men Sing the Whites?
    How blues music travelled from southern USA to the heart of British pop and rock culture.

22:30–23:30 Blues at the BBC
    Collection of performances by British and American blues artists from the BBC archives.

03:00–04:00 Sacred Music
    Series 2, Brahms and Bruckner
    1/4. Simon Russell Beale visits Germany and Austria to explore the work of Brahms and Bruckner. (R)

And next Friday, just for Andre, it's Prog night (........again!)

I'm ILOB.

I'm ILOB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast