+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LP12 Owners - look here.

I'm Andrew.

Default LP12 Owners - look here.

A new sub chassis for the Linn Sondek LP12 is under development!

www.audioflat.co.uk

Available early next year.

Andrew

P.S. It sounds great, same magnitude of improvement as the Radikal made to my LP12.

I'm Deleted.

That looks interesting .

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Hi Andrew

Once again ' good luck with the Rubikon and i will hopefully be able to listen to it at Scalford ' .

I think LP12 owner's should be interested ' i know if i still had mine ' i would be .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Which bearing is recommended, the older flat flange or the better Cirkus one?

I suspect this sub-chassis may better serve those who've already got a Cirkus, as the hub and bearing will be the better latest type....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Deleted.

Both bearings are equally recommended (and can be accommodated); the older Linn bearing fits as well as the Cirkus does and so is equally served by the RubiKon. However, results with the Cirkus will inevitably be better as its wider spaced liners and reinforced mounting flange increase rigidity.

So my spies tell me...

I'm Andrew.

YNWaN is correct both bearings are fine.

I'm Deleted.

I feel it is only appropriate that I announce that I designed the RubiKon (hence my knowledge regarding the Cirkus compatibility ).
    Last edited by YNWaN; 06-01-2010 at 16:27.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

What sort of response have you had so far ' and how do Linn feel about it .

It seems to me that Modding your favorite turntable in this way ' is a positive step forward
    there are many thousands of Linnies out there ' who just can't even consider a keel or even a Radikal for that matter .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Deleted.

So far, we seem to have had a very positive response; the announcement of the RubiKon, in the Trade section of pfm, has had 13,694 viewings so far and we have been contacted by a number of interested parties.

We have also been in contact with Linn who do not seem to have an issue with the design as it is not a copy of (or even based on) any of their own work.

In truth, modifying existing turntables was never my interest, or intention; personally, I am much more interested in designing the whole thing form base principles. However, I was asked by a friend (Andrew - flatpopely) to consider the problem of how I would address the issues presented by the chassis of the LP12 and what solution I would implement - the RubiKon is the result of that work and is based on principles I have developed over many years. It is not intended to be anything less than the very best solution for the task in this design.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I have a friend who may be interested (he still has his old but good troika too..

Good luck to both of you with the venture..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast