+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD : Tube Buffer

I'm Lawrence.

Btw it works great with my trichord dac and I might consider a deal on both to shift it...

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Oliver. This is a 'wanted' thread in Private Exhibitions and it has developed a fair bit of banter/chat. If that bothers you I can tidy things up. If not, we can proceed discussing the virtues of various buffers. It is quite informative.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I haven't had the two at the same time so.hard to.compare but if I tried I.would.say the itube does what the x10 (upgraded) does but more. ie.better instrument seperation and.more front to back soundstaging. I remember keeping the x10 boxed up and getting it out occasionally but not hearing much difference. But at one point I got it out and never looked back. Could have been synergy with the new amp (restek challenger). Anyway when I got the itube I.noticed straight away so.its probably less subtle but.its so system dependent, and taste will differ between the amount of tubiness wanted. Anway I'm pleased I got the itube in the end. Im thinking vdac plus.itube might equal trivista*0.9 in my second system.

ifi make some nice products. as Ive got this one I will stick for now. Dont play cds that much at moment as Im using my headphone system mostly or vinyl occasionally on main system. Would never get my investment back in the MF anyway. If I ever change i will give that one a go. anyway thats 2 good options for Oli if he decides to increase budget which i think he will have to. The Yaqin buffers are nothing special tbh.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Oliver. This is a 'wanted' thread in Private Exhibitions and it has developed a fair bit of banter/chat. If that bothers you I can tidy things up. If not, we can proceed discussing the virtues of various buffers. It is quite informative.
    I finally got round to offering up my buffer anyway!

Bigman80 Guest

Haha yes it has generated quite a bit of chat but it's all good so let's leave it on.

Hopefully an offer will arise at some point lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

I finally got round to offering up my buffer anyway!
    I have the Valab DAC at the minute which would be difficult to remove as I would use it primarily for FLAC via USB. I'm interested in the MF X10 v3 though if you no longer need it. If I read all of that right lol

I'm Alan.

Oliver, if you don't mind waiting a while (fat chance - i know what you are like), I have ordered one of these to have a play with:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Pc-6J1-Va...sAAOSwMNxXV914

Should certainly give a bit of tubiness to the sound. Could even be built as triode/pentode switchable

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Oliver, if you don't mind waiting a while (fat chance - i know what you are like), I have ordered one of these to have a play with:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Pc-6J1-Va...sAAOSwMNxXV914

Should certainly give a bit of tubiness to the sound. Could even be built as triode/pentode switchable
    You're the man Alan and if it's going to get the Firebottle treatment I'll wait. No rush this time. I'm happy to wait for the right bit of kit.

I'm Lawrence.

Can I have second dibs please?? Looked into this a while ago but I decided the ac/dc issue was too much for me.

Bigman80 Guest

Can I have second dibs please?? Looked into this a while ago but I decided the ac/dc issue was too much for me.

You've already got two !!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast