+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherlock, WTF?

I'm Grant.

Being a Holmes fan, i never liked this so didnt watch much of it. I liked the 2 films with r d jr and the old films were great too as i grew up with them, but Jeremy Brett will forever be Sherlock
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They ruined it by bringing in the female character (Watson's wife). I know, demographics blah blah. The show was good before that, but mainly because of the acting and the fact that Conan-Doyle had already done all the hard work of creating the characters and the set up. The writers clearly think they can mess with that and it won't matter. Wrong.
    Precisely. Exactly what they did with Dr Who
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Basil Rathbone you mean? I was never that keen on the Jeremy Brett versions. Production values are very poor in most of them, and the dialogue is stodgy at best

Cucumberpatch does a very good job of the new version, I think. He made the role his own, can't fault him.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Yeah, Basil.. they were great in there own way...you dont like Jeremy.. jeez, he is and lived the part. Ive got the boxset and i see no problems with it. You can also watch him go insane in real life as he becomes so involved with the part, which was a shame, although did series no real harm
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Big fan of the show and I thought it was rather poor/weak.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Martin.

Nothing wrong with his acting, he plays the part very well. Just the scripts and the production.

I watched all the Rathbone ones as a kid, they used to be on BBC2 at tea-time in the winter. They have a great atmosphere to them none of the other versions capture.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

I'm Paul.

I never was that big a fan of Dr Who.

Blake's 7 was the real deal, though, in the same way UFO was far superior to the more commercial and populist Space 1999 ...

I do like Cumberbatch and Freeman as a duo - they're the most watchable pair since Fry and Laurie in (the definitive) Jeeves and Wooster.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    I do like Cumberbatch and Freeman as a duo - they're the most watchable pair since Fry and Laurie in (the definitive) Jeeves and Wooster.
    I agree absolutely. I have the box set; to me Fry and Laurie are Jeeves and Wooster, just as David Suchet is Poirot.
    Barry

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Precisely. Exactly what they did with Dr Who

+1 Dr.Who started great and gradually deteriorated ending up dire.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast